Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gsxr750

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2022
The screen always has scratched super easily for me as well. Not super deep scratches, most of the time, but enough to easily know they are there when the screen is off. Finally I accepted that it’s going to happen with the environment my phone is in, mainly because of work. Found me a screen protector that is easily applied and works flawlessly, starting with the 11 series. Have used the same brand every time, spigen. I’m sure there’s a ton of others with the same quality, but these are perfect for me. The alignment tray makes installation a breeze, for the most part. The protector itself, feels just like the screen to me, and doesn’t hinder the touch response at all. And I’ve only ever had to replace one once when I smacked my phone against the edge of the counter in the morning before work, cracking the protector.

You can’t have a screen that is super resistible to cracks and super to scratches at the same time. I’d rather have the crack resistance, seeing as how you can just apply a screen protector and replace as needed for ~$7

Reactions: Andeddu

transpo1

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
Either you must be using it wrong or have it installed it wrong then 🤣.

I've had Spigen in the past and it did not interfere with response time whatsoever. But I do agree that none of the screen protectors are full edge to edge, aways leave a few mm of spaces around the edges (i guess for a reason for cases).
Nope, I installed it perfectly— I don’t make mistakes like that. Your fingers may just not be able to tell the difference 😉😄

It’s worth noting that simply having a “double edge” on the touch screen interferes with some operations as well.

Anaxarxes

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
Amsterdam, Netherlands
That's why I started to use clear glass screen protector for the first time since I had an iPhone 5. All my phones after (6, X) I had not used any type of screen protector and their screens were not scratched at all after 4 years of use.

After reading the reduced scratch resistance, my 14 Pro has a glass shield that I intend to replace every 1-1.5 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.