Chad Johnson err Chad Ocho Cinco

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Aug 30, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

He now gets to wear it on his jersey legally I suppose

He hasn't been relevant on the field for a while and this is his way of getting time on Sportscenter and in the press

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

They'll change his number just to piss him off.

Maybe 58 so he looks like he spelled it wrong too. :p

4. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Man is brilliant. Each player gets a cut of the sales of his NFL Jersey. He will sell a ton of his Jerseys. If you lived around Cinci you would know he is a pretty cool cat there durring the season off the field.

5. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Sr. Ocho Cinco is a cool name but I still think "He Hate Me" is the best name in all of sports. :p

[​IMG]

6. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Rod Smart FTW.

7. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Agent 86?

8. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

dang, that's pretty far out there. we'll see if he can live up to it this year

9. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

:Dkindof a dumb thing to do, but people love him even more now

10. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Thats awesome. Hopefully he will be ready for the beginning of the season. I am psyched the Bengals signed Chris Henry back onto the roster

11. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Harmless fun and great marketing. He'll probably change his name back to Johnson during the next offseason. I don't see him keeping the nickname as his legal name long-term.

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That would be awesome. :D

I just have to wonder, why does he need hi name on his jersey twice? :confused:

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Some do... some are tired of his schtick, including his coaches.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

14. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

I never watch ESPN, so I don't know if his comments make the national sports news during the offseason. Over the last offseason, it was constant comments by him saying that he was not going to play and that he wanted to be traded. It makes people in Cincinnati really wonder if he really even wants to play here.

15. munson macrumors 6502

munson

I love Chad for making this move. There should always be a "that guy" in sports that seems to make a mockery of everything all in fun. I applaud him.

Also, it's great publicity.

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Meh, TO is a better receiver, and is more entertaining. The same goes for Randy Moss.

17. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

TO is a way better cry baby and not as entertaining plus he plays for the cowboys big reason to not like him.

Randy Moss only catches the ball, nothing more.

Chad Ocho Cinco almost always does something fun to watch.

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I find him annoying, both on and off the field
    He is no longer relevant as a player, he is just a cartoon character

TO is a better receiver (but drops too many balls)
    Moss has learned to play on a team as a team, and shined as a result

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

19. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

SO you live in Cinci and have been to the comedy club where he meets with fans freely. Gives things away, and generally is a very cool down to earth guy? I have.....

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. This is nothing more than a pure publicity stunt.

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

There are more "off the field" activities than that

He actually belongs more in a comedy club these days than he does on the field with his antics... even before his silly name change... yes, he is an entertainer... but he is far from being a winner. He is like Joe Horn... neither could commit to help make a team a winner... so they want to be traded to play for a winner, as though somehow they are entitled to it.

He may be all of the things you say...

BUT... what annoys me off the field is when he engages the media repeatedly with the ME, ME, ME attitude that has made him a distraction to his team and a headache for his coaches. His constant whining and carping about wanting to be traded and not wanting to play in Cincinnati this year and his "injury" status, all add up to a player I would not want on my team. That's just my opinion. You can keep him as a "colorful player" and continue to lose... but I think teams and most fans would rather win. Right now Cincinnati is known more for its troubled players and 85's antics than they are for anything they do ON the field. I feel bad for Carson Palmer for having to put up with all of the nonsense that is Bengal football.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

22. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

The owner is the loser, he treats his team poorly, look at Rudi Johnson, he seems to think he is going to get traded, he is one of their best RB in recent years. They want to run him off too. Hell Marvin Lewis stated he could win the starting job if he had a good game in the last pre-season game and rudi wanted to play, Marvin didn't even put him in the game to give him the chance, shady dis-honest coach IMO. The owner brings back Chris Henry? The organization is to blame, not the players, in past years the Bengals have traded away good players to get not so good players. There's a history and a pattern here. Maybe if the organization started making their (the players) opinions heard they wouldn't want to be traded, hell most of the team didn't want Chris Henry back and there he is isn't he. I wouldn't want to play there either, but CHad Johnson sorry Ocho Cinco, makes it fun for him. Kudos to him for making wine out of sour grapes.

23. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I agree the management is one of the worst in pro football at this point
    Bringing Henry back was laughable, but predictable for the Bungles

We will have to agree to disagree on 85's value
    I think his time has passed and this is his attempt to hold on to the spotlight
    He was once a good (not great) receiver, but he is no longer relevant to the game

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

24. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

we'll see how ocho cinco goes, but i totally forgot about "he hate me": the best thing to come out of the xfl, yes, better than maddox

25. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

TO is more ME ME ME than chad, I mean who does situps in there driveway in front of cameras? Don't get me wrong i like him as a reciever but he is not better than chad. The only reason Moss is shinning is b/c he is on the pats, look at wes welker he was a great reciever for miami but it wasn't until the pats that alot of people heard of him. Moss is the best reciever out there but i'm sure if you put TO or Chad on the Pats they would be alot better too.