Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

visualride

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes, I would like to have lunch with Eddie. I'm angry as hell about how he has single handedly ruined the user interface to the music player. I would explain to him that tapping on multiple spots to get the same thing to happen that used to take one tap, is un acceptable. I would let him know that now I can't see the minuscule line that you have to tap to change the play head position on a song. In strong terms I would stand up and let him know that when a large song image and description are tapped, nothing happens because now I have to find and tap on the small arrow for that to happen. I would then grab him by the collar and show him that when I search for a song and click on the large image of the song or it's description, the music player comes up, not the song itself and nothing plays...I have to search for and carefully click the tiny arrow for that. This would go on like this, escalating till he physically got my point. My personal stereo in my pocket has been ruined by Eddie, and I would cherish a chance to let him know it.

TheShadowKnows!

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
National Capital Region
Excellent cause, Eddie. Congratulations.
But come on! What is it with the lunch menu?

dsc_0003.jpg

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I have yet to see this guys value to Apple. iTunes is still bloated, fat and ugly. When it was introduced it was light years ahead of everything else but that ages ago. Apple Pay is great but it's accepted at only a small fraction of retailers. iCloud's hit or miss service shouldn't be so spotty although it seems to be improving.
Eddie, what have you done for us lately?

Is Eddy responsible for iTunes software, or just the cloud side?

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
Apart from the fact that I very much criticize his running of the parts of the company he's responsible for, I find his choice of charities bizarre. First of all the national basketball coach one has a very confusing set of aims, and then this charity seems to be minuscule, I can't make heads or tails of their accounts:

http://www.nonprofitfacts.com/CA/Autism-Movement-Therapy-Inc.html

Reactions: mkeeley and 5105973

PaulRustad007

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2015
For that price they could at least fly you there and put you up in a hotel for the night. No tour. No pictures. Why? Why would anyone do that? I'd rather donate the 50K to the charity and forego the dinner. Probably kale with puree of dates...

62tele

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2010
iTunes: why do you need iTunes?
Apple Pay: accepted everywhere a contactless POS is, in many nations it's now mandated by law. I use Apple Pay for everything here in Italy, and it works deliciously well.
iCloud: what's wrong with iCloud??

Cue's misfits are others, and all in the content field.

I still use iTunes on my Mac for a variety of reasons.
Apple Pay is not as ubiquitous in the US as it apparently is in Europe. The US's "advanced" tech status does not include the latest in POS terminals, internet, etc.
iCloud has had a number of outages over times although, as I posted, it's getting better. Plus Apple charges more for its cloud storage than it's competitors.

Reactions: Avieshek

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
LOL some autotist foundation lets us lunch with the greatest borderliner in the world to prove that alongside borderline, autism can be a serious syndrome.
OK, Apple is engaged with the (mentally) impaired as long as it earns from them
But give me a break...
And you're a philanthropist, right? Given a lot to good causes, right? And you'd never even think about that tax write-off, huh?

Reactions: Avieshek

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Who would even have lunch with a scumbag?

Oh, c'mon. For $50,000 for charity, I'll bet a lot of people would.
[doublepost=1499704658][/doublepost]
I noticed that over the years that none of this goes to help people on the streets.

I read this five time, and I still can't see the intent of your comment. Can you make your point more directly, perhaps?

WarDialer

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2015
San Jose, CA
That'd be fun to see his reaction when you point out how much better App Store review times are when you actually expand the size of the review team for the first time since its creation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.