Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
I see a problem. "Valid for 1 person." What if it was a rich deaf bidder and need a sign language interpreter? They should make it an exceptional or make it accommodate.

mac4good84

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2012
The only thing I'd question is why a company on the way to a trillion dollars won't even provide hotel/airfare accommodations for the person to travel for the lunch? Seems pretty absurd to me and they certainly aren't hurting for cash at all. Oh well.

WWPD

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2015
Ten Forward
Sorry, it had to be done.
eddycuedance.0.gif

visualride

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2014
Come on, doesn't anyone here actually care what he actually does, such as ruin the usability of the music player interface??????

Last edited:
Reactions: SeattleMoose

dan110

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
'Merica
I lament the fact that Apple has gained phenomenal market value at the expense of its soul. I long for the good ol' days.

Reactions: robeddie

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
If I had the opportunity, I would try to talk with Eddy about some of the poor fashion over design decisions made by Apple. Although to be fair Jony would have to be part of that discussion. Apple is guilty more and more of not using simple common sense:
1) throwing out HP jack
2) way too early USB-C ONLY I/O on MBP
3) overly subtle GUIs (controls that only appear if you "move" or know the keyboard shortcut)
4) throwing out the ability to simply point to external sound libraries in Logic
5) difficult in iTunes to find the "repeat" button while "shuffle" is everywhere
6) etc..

Reactions: dan110 and robeddie

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
If I had the opportunity, I would try to talk with Eddy about some of the poor fashion over design decisions made by Apple. Although to be fair Jony would have to be part of that discussion. Apple is guilty more and more of not using simple common sense:
1) throwing out HP jack
3) overly subtle GUIs (controls that only appear if you "move" or know the keyboard shortcut)
4) throwing out the ability to simply point to external sound libraries in Logic
5) difficult in iTunes to find the "repeat" button while "shuffle" is everywhere
6) etc..

All he'll do is tell you he can't comment on those questions...

Reactions: DeepIn2U and dan110

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Strange!. I feel weird about someone who will pay more than 50000 dollars to have lunch with him.

Interesting thought about Cue. I personally don't have an issue with Eddie Cue. And I think it be interesting to learn more about him.

What's also interesting, is your post reflects almost exactly as Another forum members post from another similar thread Macrumors posted weeks back.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...pples-new-headquarters.2051565/#post-24701255

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepIn2U

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
neat... i like these "having lunch with" posts. Some lucky bastard will get to see Apple Park in person ..... Bring us back some photos.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
And you're a philanthropist, right? Given a lot to good causes, right? And you'd never even think about that tax write-off, huh?
Thx for your concern.
I got my own charities that I fund directly - without the mere exotic category of Hawaiian shirt-wearing borderliner lunch associates.
[doublepost=1499724273][/doublepost]
Sorry, it had to be done.
eddycuedance.0.gif
....that want to share their new underware

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunny1990

M051102

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
Apple, please fire that pinky dancer and let some else be in charge of Apple Music.

Markoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2015
Behind You
This one really annoyed me. I have thought about buying a new laptop for months now, but every time I look at the new rMBP's price, compare it to other laptops, and then realize that I'll have to spend a good couple hundred on hubs/adapters, I realize that it's a complete waste of money. It's a bit of a chicken and egg problem. I'm not going to buy a USB-C only laptop, until I have something to plug into it, but I'm not going to buy any USB-C devices, if I have nothing to plug them into. They really should have just replaced the Thunderbolt ports or something with USB-C and not gone all-in. The way it is now, the new rMBP is an upgrade path for fools.

Reactions: SeattleMoose
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.