Check your local Target...I just picked up a 7+ Jet Black.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cscottrun, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Cscottrun, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016

Cscottrun macrumors 6502

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Target also depends if they provide for your specific carrier. But nice job getting one.

3. okwhatev macrumors 6502

They better not. Because I have a preorder with them and they haven't called

4. cantankerously macrumors regular

Found a couple 7+ 128gb jbs, but they are for preorder.

5. jackgopack4 macrumors newbie

Saw your other thread too. Did they let you purchase in full?

6. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

In what state? My zip code says "limited availability." Is that what you saw too when you looked?

7. cantankerously macrumors regular

TTT

Just wanted to let you all know I was able to locate a JB 7+ 128gb phone for purchase at a local Target. It's $869 plus a $50 fee for off-contract purchase.

In addition, this store showed "limited availability" on the website as well. Usually when I call and inquire, the phones are identified as pre-order. For whatever reason, this Target had one for outright sale.

Glad to see these phones out there. Didn't want to wait until November for this. :)

8. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

They don't do the ATT Next installments at Target? If so, I know someone who wants to get a jet black from gold...I'm guessing they have to go to Apple, return it, get the upgrade eligibility reset...then go to Target when it's reset so they can get the phone. I wonder how long it takes to reset.

9. cantankerously macrumors regular

I'm not sure. I could ask them later today. I'm thinking your right, this person would have to return their gold phone with Apple then go to a target and purchase the JB through installments

10. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Definitely let me know! Thanks!

If the process all could happen within an entire day, it would be ideal...I'm not sure how long ATT takes to reset the eligibility though. Hmm. And then, Target would have to hold the phone...doubt they would lol

11. cantankerously, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016

cantankerously macrumors regular

Not a problem. Also, Target said they'd only hold the phone until the end of the day for me.

EDIT: Target will do an installment plan

12. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Nice. That might actually work if ATT can reset the eligibility the same day.

13. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Thanks for sharing. I better have a rabbit's foot, four leaf clover and the like before I check though.

14. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how long ATT takes to reset the upgrade eligibility if you return at an Apple Store...I've seen people say anywhere from a few minutes to a few days, LOL.

15. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

I checked Target here in Indianapolis, sure enough they had some Jet Black Plus' however they're all spoken for per preorders.

16. Spidesol macrumors member

Spidesol

thanks for the info!!! checked my local target and showed limited availability so i went to the store and they had only 1 avaiable woohoo. i still had my jb that i had sold, so i called att and paid it off and it took about 15 min for my eligebilty to reset.

17. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Every store around me says "unavailable. Not sold at this store."

18. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

19. jackgopack4 macrumors newbie

I feel you man. Nearest "in stock" store is 6 hours each way.

20. Lizzie W. macrumors newbie

Lizzie W.

I just did an iP7 exchange last night, and it was very quick. She had to do a full return of the first phone and cancel my Next installments, and then start over with the purchase of the new phone--also on Next. While we were standing at the table she had me log in to my email to get the ATT reset passcode, and we were good to go from there. Took maybe 10 minutes. Good luck!

21. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

Nice! Thank you!

22. Cscottrun thread starter macrumors 6502

23. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

I just checked and my local target has Jet Black 7 Plus 128GB in stock... I called over there and they said that at 12pm noon they will release them as they were for pre-orders that they expect to be "no-shows"...

This would require me to return my current 7+ Matte to Apple store, then rush over to Target (hoping my AT&T eligibility resets in enough time) to buy the 7+ JB... Anyone done this?

24. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Nice find. Already grabbed a MB about a week ago because I'm a case guy, but I know someone in the market and the Targets near us have them.

25. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

This is exactly what I was asking about doing...seems like it can be done. BUT the sales associate at Target better be right that there's a JB 7+ in the right configuration available or the whole plan goes to crap SMH.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016 ---
    This doesn't tell you if it's ATT, Verizon, TMo or Sprint tho...hmm.