Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Couldn't Apple force them to take the page down if it's referencing inaccurate information?

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I wonder if these leaks of what the next iPhone will look like are fake? It's the only thing I can think of, that Apple would let the Chinese reveal the phone and take preorders before Apple itself has announced it?

Or simple Apple has bent over and taken cock in arse, in the pursuit of the mighty Yuan?

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
It's obvious Apple is in a position of weakness in their relationship with the Chinese mobile companies. Apple needs Chinese customers and the companies know it. They can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Prepare yourselves for the eventual Chinese exclusive iPhone release. It is going to happen one day.

slayerz96

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
Singapore
Based on this poster:
2100mAh battery,
3 megapixel(?) front camera - I'm not so sure... But "光圈" should mean aperture.
Quad Core A8
4.7 inch, 416ppi display
Improved touch id.

Seems quite unbelievable to be honest (quad core A8?). Oh well, Sep 9 is just 4 days away.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
does that floating screen piece translate into something about sapphire? for me this is the biggest aspect of interest in this new phone, yes or no will it or any of it's siblings have a sapphire screen?

Yes, it does. Definitely.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
well the phones just won't stack like that... that protruding lens just won't let it

I'm sorry. I am just finding it very difficult to believe that Apple would sell an iPhone with a protruding lens as long as Jony Ive is still breathing.

Perfectly willing to be corrected, but I will be very surprised if it's true.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
That is one of the worst blurring jobs I have ever seen. It's obvious those people don't redact documents very often.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
They can't make them do anything in China. Plus, why would they care? This only builds more hype.

I imagine they'd care if the renders and specs were in inaccurate (especially if the specs they're listing are better than what Apple is delivering).

----------

I'm sorry. I am just finding it very difficult to believe that Apple would sell an iPhone with a protruding lens as long as Jony Ive is still breathing.

Perfectly willing to be corrected, but I will be very surprised if it's true.

Well they sell an iPod touch with protruding lens so it's certainly possible.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Its China, none of what they do is surprising anymore.

This is SO true. I've done business in China and let me tell you.. they do everything VERY differently. Drives a westerner absolutely bat **** crazy.

I can only imagine the rage in Apple HQ over this stupidity.

:apple:

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Looks more like it's showing that the screen is 416ppi. As you can see with the floating circle above the touch Id it says above it 'Touch Id' and above the floating screen it says '416ppi'

Does that also mean it has a 300 watt front facing LED too?

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Here's another (better?) one:

2-620x440.jpg

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
This is SO true. I've done business in China and let me tell you.. they do everything VERY differently. Drives a westerner absolutely bat **** crazy.

I can only imagine the rage in Apple HQ over this stupidity.

:apple:

The trouble is the western world are terrible hypocrites. My company, (an American but very large multinational), does business in many countries.
They spout rules that can’t be breached and then say, ‘unless it’s allowed’ by local custom. Funny how money changes us all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.