Chipped Out Of Box!!

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Ive JUST received my SG sport and ive noticed the typical chip at the bottom of the screen around the 4pm mark. Ive seen a few on here with the same mark. Is it worth replacing it as the lead time is 2-3 weeks....

Reactions: samiznaetekto

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
You've tried cleaning it and you sure it's a chip? I would definitely be annoyed by it but with the long returns it's really up to you.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Wow...that sucks! I'd call them and get a replacement sent ASAP. That's on Apple and I'd rattle some cages.

Reactions: JD92

jmh286

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
I would return it....the few week wait will be worth it in the long run....what if that chip turns into a crack and spreads??

Reactions: Yakibomb

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
I would return it....the few week wait will be worth it in the long run....what if that chip turns into a crack and spreads??
Ive already logged in so gonna do it. I will try and speak to them again later given I ordered on launch day I want them to ship a replacement before I send this given ive been waiting 1.5 months!!

jmh286

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
I know the wait is excruciating, if you push the issue enough, you might be able to get them to do that.

phirstube

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
Ohio
If you want to keep that one till your new one arrives, can you buy Apple Care +? I am not even sure you would want to do that, but it might be an option.

mariotr87

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
Im not waiting almost two months to send it right back. I would happily purchase AC+ if they agreed to send it before I posted mine
I've received two replacements (the other two watches were defective) and in both cases I got the replacement the day after my watch was collected. You'll have absolute priority over new orders, they have stock set aside for replacements (btw, I haven't purchased AC+).

That was my experience though, in the UK. Hopefully the procedure is the same in other countries.

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
I'd wait until after WWDC on June 8th to see if they will have them in-store and then return it to the Apple Store for instant replacement.

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
I've received two replacements (the other two watches were defective) and in both cases I got the replacement the day after my watch was collected. You'll have absolute priority over new orders, they have stock set aside for replacements (btw, I haven't purchased AC+).

That was my experience though, in the UK. Hopefully the procedure is the same in other countries.
Im in the UK as well so I might try complaining and if still nothing I will do it and sacrifice the watch

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
I went to my local Apple Store on the way home from work and they said I would also have to send it off for repair - free I might add but not the point. I will continue with AC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.