Christian Bale freaking out

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SpookTheHamster, Feb 4, 2009.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

So what? People swear and yell at each other all the time. While it is unprofessional to do so at the workplace, it's really something between those two people...

2. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

SIr

lol thats funny you should hear the alec baldwin one LMAO even better. My question is was that John Conner, Bruce Wayne or Batman coming out? LMAO

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Who cares? Everyone freaks out at their job at one point or another. If you've ever done film work, you know how long the hours are and how frustrating it can be. I've had some big diva moments on set too. After several hours and doing many scenes repeatedly, your patience wears very thin. I understand it. I've snapped and yelled at people before, including my directors. Put it in perspective.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought it was a little much but I've shouted at my computer when its gone haywire. It may have been a bit of an extreme outburst but he always struck me as a bit of an intense guy.

5. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Me too, many a time in the past at work :eek: Windows eh? :D
    Good job I had my own office, turned the air blue sometimes.

Didn't Bale get arrested for allegedly attacking his mum in London not long ago?
    Good actor though.

Edit: Why So Serious? ;)

6. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

It added some humor to my day, but it sure makes him look bad.

7. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

PS this reminds me of the start of a song by Skeewiff called It's All Gone...
    It's a recording of some guy calling a computer repair shop (could be AppleCare) and freaking out that his hard drive got wiped. Hilarious.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I remember that a few weeks ago. Given that he's back filming he must have been let off. Which I'm not sure I agree with (beating up your mum and sister? nono).

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I thought he was pretty calm, given the situation I'm thinking he was in. I can think of one time when I was much worse. It was a very messy and uncomfortable scene. Each time we did it, the set had to be completely cleaned up and I had to shower before we could shoot again. We had done the damn thing six times, and on the seventh, the dumbf*** cameraman forgot to turn on the camera. Director says, "Ok, we'll have to do that again!" At which point I'd had enough and said, "F*** you, f***ing Stanley godd*** Kubrick! You didn't get your scene? Too f***ing bad! Because I'm not doing it again! Get a cameraman that's not retarded!" It went on much longer than that with him trying to get me to do the scene again. I refused because it was about three in the morning, the scene was extremely tough and I'd had enough. Trust me, you get very frustrated and have no patience for people who aren't paying attention to what they need to be doing.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Christian Bale has been my favorite actor for a decade. He is a true actor and extremely passionate about his work. Look at his weight loss for Machinist then his gain within years fro Batman Begins.

That being said...

....anger management is absolutely necessary!

11. haiggy macrumors 65816

... what exactly were you filming? :eek:

12. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

Terminator: Salvation, comes out in May. Going to be awesome!

13. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

14. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Errr.... oh that kind of scene :eek:

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

An independent film in 2002. It only went on the film fest circuit. It was a sort of John Waters-esque vampire horror/comedy. So the scenes got very messy a lot of the time, and if you didn't get them in the first take, it was a huge drama to get everyone and the set cleaned up completely so it could be shot again. I'd showered so many times that my skin felt like the Sahara desert, plus we'd been shooting since about 4pm. There was a lot of technical stuff that had to happen at just the right moments.

16. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

17. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Yeah:

"ARGGHHHH!!'

"Rowr, grrrrr, rrrriip, gnash!" spurt spurt

CUT!!!

18. James L macrumors 6502a

What a prissy b*tch. If I saw that I'd be laughing my ass off at his childish temper tantrum.

I especially like where he says:

"Seriously man, you and me, we're f*cking done professionally"

Wouldn't he have to act like a professional to be able to make that quote?

19. xboxer75010 macrumors 6502

xboxer75010

From http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984

20. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

That depends entirely on whether you regard vulgar speech as acceptable or not - many people don't.

And whether you do or not, he needs anger management judging by that reel posted above.

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm sorry, but there are a LOT of jobs where you end up like this. If you did this in any other field, you'd be done. I'm not sure why this type of attitude or treatment of another person is acceptable in entertainment, but it certainly isn't in most other high-stress jobs.

I've yelled. I've yelled at my professor. I can understand yelling, but this attack went on for 5 minutes without letting up. I'd complain to the boss and let the boss handle the lighting guy.

Saying that, I'm not his boss, so I can't fire him. ;) Actually, I wouldn't.

22. James L macrumors 6502a

There's always a back story, and thanks for sharing that.

Having said that, his behaviour was still childish and unprofessional.

23. Steve Mannix macrumors newbie

And I'm sure he never blew a line, missed a mark or otherwise required a scene to be done again in the course of the entire shoot.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's an artistic endeavor, guys. It's a very different way of working. This isn't a day at the office. No HR person is going to have pity on you because someone yelled at you in this kind of situation. It doesn't work that way. If you cause a scene to get screwed by some action of yours, especially a scene like the one described above, you're gonna get your a** reamed, and you SHOULD. Because not only did you break the concentration of the actors, but you just wasted a huge amount of cash.

Wrong. I'm in advertising. Ask anyone who's seriously screwed up something of mine what happens.

Do that enough times, and you'll be fired.