Clear All Notifications on iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by OS X Dude, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. OS X Dude macrumors 6502a

OS X Dude

Is this possible without 3D Touch? I've tried a few different ways to no avail.

I wouldn't need to if notification status could be synced over iCloud, so cleared notifications were reflected across devices... hint hint, Apple!

2. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Curious myself because I just downloaded the public beta on my pro and just tried to clear out all notifications with no success. :(

3. TurboPGT! Suspended

Unfortunately not. Seems like a simple Long Press would suffice.

4. OS X Dude thread starter macrumors 6502a

OS X Dude

Damn. I read that a long-press would mimic the 3D Touch input but it doesn't seem to be active in the beta if so - which is odd as it wouldn't be hard to implement. It seems impossible to believe that someone who'd spend £800+ on an iPad Pro wouldn't be able to clear all notifications like anyone with a comparatively affordable 6S could!

I still think notification status should sync across devices, it'd be a better/neater solution to the overarching problem.

5. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Clear all worked on both iPad Pros with the Apple Pencil for developer beta 2 & 3. It's not there in developer beta 4.

It worked exactly like 3D Touch on iPhone except it used the pressure sensor in the Pencil instead of in the screen like the 6s/6s+.

Hopefully it comes back and 3D Touch gets expanded to all other areas via the Pencil on the Pros.

6. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I keep clearing my notifications on iPad Air 2, but they keep coming back. Over and over again... :(