CNET POLL on FLASH

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 8CoreWhore, Apr 30, 2010.

1. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

2. jbro1999 macrumors regular

I voted and then it was websensed. Awesome.

What are the #'s looking like?

3. matttye macrumors 601

I'm all for new technologies, especially when they improve old ones.

But HTML5 is not going to be used in the mainstream for a significant amount of time. Flash is available NOW.

I don't think Steve should be deciding what is best for iPhone users, people can make up their own minds.

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Numbers for yas

Attached Files:

5. OnTheZone macrumors regular

Then go get another phone that fits you better, and tell us about your battery life in the end. You pick phones off of what you want out of a phone, steve jobs doesn't care what people want, it's just an idea that he might use. I wanted flash for a while until steve made good points. Look at youtube which is adobe main reason for still being alive this day, which is switching to HTML5. Is adobe still going to be around, yes because a lot of people already used it but someone with the right mind will move to new technology.
    One more thing, lets say in 5 years max adobe flash is going to be gone. Why would you want apple to be working at it and getting all the bugs out, when they could be fixing other things and adding more useful things that the future holds. You want a futuristic phone, you have to thing about the future not the past and adobe flash is becoming the past. Both my parents are managers at AT&T and there even trying to move away from Adobe flash.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Of course he should. That's his job.

Who else should be deciding that?

7. 2000m macrumors member

2000m

you are right about one thing , steve jobs doesn't care what people want

8. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

Hmm... How about, um... the, um... CONSUMERS???

:rolleyes:

Apple fanboys never cease to amaze me...

9. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Barack Obama knows what's best for all of us. That his job as well right?

10. tigress666 macrumors 68040

And consumers will. By buying the device they like best. If what they want is not what Apple offers, Apple will lose sales and either A. Decide to go with what consumers are wanting. B. Refuse and eventually die off cause they don't have what consumers want.

Apple still gets to decide what they are offering consumers and how they choose to run their business. Apple is free to provide or not provide what they want in their device. They are not a democracy where consumers directly vote in how to run the business. They are a business and if you want a vote, you vote with your money.

You either buy the product and say they gave you a good enough product to win your money, or you say you are not happy with what they are offering and bring your money elsewhere.

Why is that so hard for people to comprehend? It's annoying this attitude of Apple has to provide us with this. No they don't. And you don't have to give them your money if you don't like what they offer. Quite simple.

11. nfl46 macrumors 603

Steve is ANNOYING. He asks like Flash is COMPLETELY dead!

12. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Flash needs to die. It's clunky and slows things down. Despite that, it IS up to consumers if they want to use it or not. If you want to have flash on your phone, then DON'T GET AN IPHONE. Seriously, it's that simple.

13. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Incorrect. His job should be deciding what is best for iPhone. Period. Not the users. They can decide for themselves.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Well said. Like you I don't see why this is so difficult to understand.

15. CleverNameHere macrumors newbie

Pretty simple if you ask me.

16. CleverNameHere macrumors newbie

Simple logic. Well said.

17. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Voted for flash. Let's face it, it's still around and definitely wouldn't hurt to have it. Don't like flash based sites or apps? Don't visit them. It would be nice to have the option.

18. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Microsoft designs microsft products.
    Ford designs Ford products.
    Burger King designs Burger King products.

But you expect Apple to be the one company to just give up and let other people design their products? Why?

Apple haters never cease to amaze ME.

19. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Don't like Flash-less phones? Don't buy them. It will be nice to have the option.

By demanding that all phones have Flash you're asking for them to all be the same and taking a consumer choice AWAY from people.

Let different phones be different and let the consumer decide. I LIKE options. it's the "Flash on all phones" people who are trying to take options away and tell me what to buy.

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I could hardly care less about Flash scripts/programs, but in general I am fed up with the various proprietary formats for multimedia files.

Jobs argues for open standards - does anybody know when Apple is going to scrap its proprietary* QuickTime format for the new all-singing, all-dancing open format?

*Ah, you say, QT is free so it is effectively an open standard. Not so - in the UK Apple charge Universities for QT player and therefore my cash-strapped university has decided not to install QT on its public machines. This results in a lot of wasted time on my part converting files so my students can view them. Bad :apple:.

21. matttye macrumors 601

"adding more useful things that the future holds" doesn't let me use rich web content that's available NOW. I don't buy a smartphone knowing that it will be great five years down the line - by which point it will have been superseded by the next best thing anyway. I buy phones for what they can do TODAY. And the fact of the matter is, the iPhone does not deliver the full web experience.

I've had a Nokia 5800 (old) and HTC Desire (current) since I've had an iPhone, and both have delivered a much better web experience than the iPhone.

Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking? :confused:

22. icyfire macrumors 6502

funny I haven't heard of the htc desire outselling the iPhone. Obviously If the web experience was that much better than the iPhone wouldn't stand a chance. And yes it is steve jobs responsibility to decide how to manage the iPhone. Most consumers are not complaining.

23. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

Small White Car is the only reasonable person in this thread. That is a fact.

24. padrino121 macrumors member

So tell me what the market penetration is of browsers that can execute the technology that has taken over for the "dead" flash? Might be single digits, as a product provider I would love to just turn off a majority of my users by not using a "dead" technology, sure makes business sense to cut them all out.