Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alvindarkness

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2009
Why does this bother you?

He never said it bothered him. He sarcasically implied it wasnt important to him.

I recently voted YES in a gay marriage referendum in my country. I strongly believe in equal rights. I would find the availability of third party watchfaces (with a set limit on battery usage) to be far more important *to me*. But in saying that, at least something like this rainbow watchface wouldnt have taken much of Apples developers resources to do, and now they can move onto something else, potentially more important *for everyone*.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
He never said it bothered him. He sarcasically implied it wasnt important to him.

I recently voted YES in a gay marriage referendum in my country. I strongly believe in equal rights. I would find the availability of third party watchfaces (with a set limit on battery usage) to be far more important *to me*. But in saying that, at least something like this rainbow watchface wouldnt have taken much of Apples developers resources to do, and now they can move onto something else, potentially more important *for everyone*.
You’re splitting hairs. He said it wasn’t important and implied that they weren’t working on important things. Well, they can work on many things at the same time. Obviously he has a problem with this rainbow thing. I just can’t think of why that might be. Hmmmmm...

lec0rsaire

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2017
What would be the big deal if they include such a watch face? All sorts of people use Apple products and it’s cool that Apple embraces diversity. In fact Apple’s original logo was a rainbow and the current iOS wallpapers have rainbow themes.

If you don’t like them then just don’t use them. It’s really that simple.

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
London
Oh they have lots of reasons to feel special! I’d also feel special if I was worth almost a trillion dollars. As a gay man, I’m PROUD that one of “my own” is the CEO of one of the most valuable companies on the planet. Makes me feel a lot of PRIDE.
View attachment 763628

And that’s exactly why this is such non-sense. You don’t feel proud about your sexuality and you don’t feel proud for someone else’s success.

I’m proud to shag women, what a personal achievement ... ‍♂️

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Oh the irony. Why are you so triggered?
I don’t think either of those words mean what you think they mean.
[doublepost=1527651648][/doublepost]
And that’s exactly why this is such non-sense. You don’t feel proud about your sexuality and you don’t feel proud for someone else’s success.

How silly of you. Groups that have been historically marginalized have every right to feel pride at how far they’ve come collectively.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Great. A ‘I can’t decide my gender’ watch face but still no third party watch faces. How bout if the progressives pretend for just a little bit that being inclusive and diversity actually means all walks of life and tastes and not just those authorized by the ‘think like we do or be outcast’ agenda.

-BigMac-

macrumors demi-god
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
View attachment 763627

We still can't safely walk down the street. Can you please just let us have a watch face?
Is it important that the Apple Watch recognises you? I personally dont care what watch face is on my watch, because i customize it how i want. So i’m curious to see why someone else might consider a default watch face as an important addition to gender identification/recognition/acceptance.:)

To better understand, is a rainbow coloured Microwave better than a white one?

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
I'd love it if they had all kinds of flag variants. But honestly why don't they allow 3rd party watch faces yet?
As a guess, Apple's watch faces probably undergo a lot of optimizing / trimming to use minimal power (since it's the thing you see the most, and the battery is tiny) and they worry that 3rd party watch faces will run the watch down fast, with users complaining to/at Apple, not the 3rd party. With a small helping of Jony Ive "we know what is best" design snobbery thrown in.
[doublepost=1527655791][/doublepost]
You don’t feel proud about your sexuality...

Do you honestly not understand their point? They want to be able to walk down the street holding hands without getting beaten up. They want to not have everyone trying to make them feel ashamed of their sexuality, and while you're at it, stop trying to pass laws designed to hurt them. Little things that straight males have never had to worry about and thus take for granted.
[doublepost=1527655996][/doublepost]
That is NOT a rainbow theme.
Woah there fella, you seem awful touchy about what is or is not a rainbow.

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
As a guess, Apple's watch faces probably undergo a lot of optimizing / trimming to use minimal power (since it's the thing you see the most, and the battery is tiny) and they worry that 3rd party watch faces will run the watch down fast, with users complaining to/at Apple, not the 3rd party. With a small helping of Jony Ive "we know what is best" design snobbery thrown in.

I’d say those are good guesses. For the third party face people, be careful what you wish for!
https://mobile.twitter.com/jetscott/status/984159594959331329

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
LMAO. MacBook line abandoned for years and years. iPad line fractured and nonsensical, removing valued ports and MagSafe from MacBooks and even jacks from iPhones, battling what will become one of their largest payout lawsuits of all-time, but hey!

They’ve got rainbow watch faces!!

Cause I’m sure the same people that design MacBooks also design Apple Watch faces.
Yeesh unfortunate amount of homophobes and transphobes in this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.