College Students: What's Your Major?

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
For all you college kids who are spending four-ish years of your life attempting to learn stuff and come out with a degree, what are you studying? And for people out of college, what did you study? I'm a double major in English and Psychology, and I may try to pull the Spanish minor if I can fit it in.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Design and Technology, but I'm transferring into Design and Management. Technology doesn't interest me so much anymore :cool:.

_Emerson

MrSugar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2003
I am a getting a Bachelor or Arts in Digital Media Studies with a minor in Mass Communications.

Skareb

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2005
Adelaide
Voidness said:
Computer Engineering, hoping to get a job at Apple in the future :p :D :cool:
Glad to see another engineering student here. I'm studying Mining Engineering 3rd year.

Cheers
Jordan

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Skareb said:
Glad to see another engineering student here. I'm studying Mining Engineering 3rd year.

Cheers
Jordan
Nice, I'm still in my 2nd year. It's still a long way to go! Especially in such a lame university :mad:

Skareb

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2005
Adelaide
It gets better as you go on (the subjects become more interesting.)

Joke: for the arts students

Q: What's the difference between an Arts graduate and a large Pizza?

Cheers
Jordan

A: a Large pizza can feed a family of four:) (sorry for any hard feelings)

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
Skareb said:
It gets better as you go on (the subjects become more interesting.)

Joke: for the arts students

Q: What's the difference between an Arts graduate and a large Pizza?

Cheers
Jordan

A: a Large pizza can feed a family of four:) (sorry for any hard feelings)
Ha, that's a pretty good one. Of course I am working towards a B.A., but I'm gonna go to Law School eventually so it's not as applicable.

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
I am on a third year of Advertising Design. I have a big interest in Digital Imaging though. I am trying to master PhotoShop and become a pixel-pusher. :D

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I have an Associate of Applied Science in Computer and Information Systems Programming. I'm currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, and will eventually go back for a Master's and possible a Ph.D..

Masters is likely to be in AI, not sure about the Ph.D..

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
Computer Science.

I've changed my major twice now...was originally pre-med, then art/design...and after realizing that no matter how much I deny it, I'm a geek...so I switched to what I should have started with ;)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Started with mechanical engineering but found that didn't quite suit me - not enough people contact. So, am now studying medicine and psychology plus geography on the side to keep things interesting (and work out where the hell I am). Final goal: psychiatrist. :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
Started with mechanical engineering but found that didn't quite suit me - not enough people contact. So, am now studying medicine and psychology plus geography on the side to keep things interesting (and work out where the hell I am). Final goal: psychiatrist. :)
And a great psychiatrist you will make mad jew! :)

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1.) Business Administration and 2.) Design Arts with an emphasis in Visual Communication, from Drury University in Springfield, MO.

If I had my way (i.e. if I wasn't too far in debt already) I would have gotten my Master's in Graphic Design as well, even though I've been told it's not worth it from a cost/benefit ratio...I'd like to have it for me.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mad jew said:
Thanks. :)

To be honest, I just want a couch in my office. Coolness. :D

I didn't pick you as a political scientist, you're not provocative enough. :p

Joke.
A couch in an office is always a must. :D

As far as being a political scientist, I am probably going to enter into business.
Oh well, political science is an interesting field to study. :)

iDM

macrumors 6502a
I started out in Business Administration, went abroad for a semester and really learned how much of the crap i was learning was false(We actually did an operations management equation to determine which country provided the cheapest outsourcing programs) so i switched to Environmental Studies when i returned.

I'm now a super-senior doing a dual major in Environmental Studies and Business Administration.