Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivenyong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Hi, I'm newbie to Apple Macbook pro.

I'm confuse on the colour accuracy between iPhone6 and macbook pro retina color.
I'm a photographer, i purchase mbp because of the colour accuracy for editing my photo. but after i export the photo from mbp to iPhone, it show different! so i'm confuse on this case, no sure is iPhone 6 color is accurate or macbook pro? i do google for a night, but that show no answer. looking advise ! million thanks !

Color profile: color lcd

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi, I'm newbie to Apple Macbook pro.

I'm confuse on the colour accuracy between iPhone6 and macbook pro retina color.
I'm a photographer, i purchase mbp because of the colour accuracy for editing my photo. but after i export the photo from mbp to iPhone, it show different! so i'm confuse on this case, no sure is iPhone 6 color is accurate or macbook pro? i do google for a night, but that show no answer. looking advise ! million thanks !

Color profile: color lcd
Since you have not calibrated your MacBook Pro screen, it's likely that neither your iPhone nor your computer is accurate. Since there's no way to calibrate an iPhone, you have to accept whatever color that device has. It is likely that other phones will render color differently.
If you embed a color profile in your photos when you edit them, that will help the various devices render the color more accurately, but only to a point.

Reactions: snaky69

ivenyong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Since you have not calibrated your MacBook Pro screen, it's likely that neither your iPhone nor your computer is accurate. Since there's no way to calibrate an iPhone, you have to accept whatever color that device has. It is likely that other phones will render color differently.
If you embed a color profile in your photos when you edit them, that will help the various devices render the color more accurately, but only to a point.

Hi! thanks for your reply..

i just preview the photo on my company iMac with retina display, it shows that the color is look quite same with my MBP, it jus the iPhone show diff...so, i assume that my color is probably accurate :)

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
You will need to calibrate both Mac and iPhone screen.
Indeed you can also calibrate the iPhone screen - ColorTRUE is an app for that.
The only caveat - iOS won't allow systemwide color profile to be installed, like OS X does. Hence the calibration will only be effective within the ColorTRUE app itself, nowhere else on iOS UI.
The app will allow you to see your Photos and Camera Roll color-corrected.
https://www.xrite.com/colortrue

ivenyong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
You will need to calibrate both Mac and iPhone screen.
Indeed you can also calibrate the iPhone screen - ColorTRUE is an app for that.
The only caveat - iOS won't allow systemwide color profile to be installed, like OS X does. Hence the calibration will only be effective within the ColorTRUE app itself, nowhere else on iOS UI.
The app will allow you to see your Photos and Camera Roll color-corrected.
https://www.xrite.com/colortrue

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.