Come on beta 4!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by johndallas999, Jul 17, 2013.

1. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Beta 3 is crash city. This thing takes more dumps than a new born baby.

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

That's great. Apple will get a lot of bug reports from you :D

3. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

That's how Beta 2 was for me, but Beta 3 fixed all of my crashing issues. You can expect Beta 4 around noon (time zone depending) on Monday.

4. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

Beta 3 works almost as good as iOS 6 for my iPhone 4S and iPad 3. Beta 4 would make it even better, I hope. Can't wait too!

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's hard to say that any beta can be expected at any particular time. You can certainly hope for it to be there around 10 AM US Pacific (the usual release time) this coming Monday, but there's just as much pointing to it being released a week later the following Monday, and even with that, it can really be released on almost any day Apple might choose to do it.

More discussion of this in a few other beta 4 and similar threads, like at http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17581918&postcount=13

----------

Beta 3 has certainly been somewhat more polished as far as looks and usability, and perhaps even stability, although it has introduced a few new and kind of bad issues at least for some people, like some calls not being delivered at all, the phone going into restore mode on its own, and quite a few missing notifications here and there, to name the more important/common ones. Hopefully beta 4 will address all of these and further make things even more refined and stable in general.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Beta 3 is more stable for me than Beta 2 was.

7. Jtc720 macrumors regular

Beta 3 has been almost perfect for me on ip5 not one crash

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Since beta 3, my phone no longer receives calls, gets very laggy every few hours, has wallpaper glitches, and has shut itself down several times.

Very anxious for beta 4.

9. zmagik macrumors regular

Beta 3 is an improvement over Beta 2 that thing was crash city

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

With the exception being I don't always receive calls, beta 3 has been great. Personally, I don't care about calls but right now it has been slightly more important.

11. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Hahahahah the way you said it, actually made me laugh, but overall beta 3 is ok, more stable.

There's no way to confirm when beta 4 will be released (unless someone has insider information), but, we can always guess, could be that Apple is taking the 2 weeks approach (July 22nd), or as someone here mentioned, the next beta is released one month before the last beta expires (July 29th).

12. emckai macrumors regular

I'm not sure why the OP is complaining about beta 3 being unstable. If beta 3 is unstable for your phone at the moment, just restore your phone without a backup. That will surely fix whatever problem you are having.

If you are using iOS 7 Beta 3 has your daily driver, it is not meant to be a daily driver until GM or even the final release.

13. newtestleper macrumors 6502

The whole point of his post was to use the pun.

14. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

15. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I hope they fix the wallpaper crash bug and increase the battery life. Then it'll be just like a GM for me lol. Once the battery gets past 95% it's like straight drain mode.

16. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Time to lvl up again!!!!!!

What new stats r we going to get?

+17 Battery
    +11 Stability
    +3-6 Navigation Speed
    Font and icons improved by 2%

17. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

Beta 3 is very good but the DFU bug is incomprehensible

I hope apple can fix this for beta 4

18. WilliamG macrumors 604

If you use FaceTime audio, you can expect your phone to crash a LOT. Every time the connection dies or you end the call, my iPhone 5 crashes and reboots. :D It's great when I'm on a FaceTime audio call to my buddy in the UK on his iOS 7 iPhone 5, and both our phones crash.

19. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

Beta 2 was a lag fest and crash city to me on my iPod touch, beta 3 has been nothing but smooth and wonderful for me, a few bugs here and there but they are VERY minor. I am hoping with beta 4 Apple fixes the last remainder of the bugs for iPod touch at least, that way I can live without a beta 5, or 6, and wait for GM.

20. martinocando macrumors regular

martinocando

Not a single respring for me. Some apps started working, like the who kept me from having on my daily driver (FirePass VPN). I'm very happy it started working now. I only hope better things from B4. (Beta 4, I mean, not Before:confused::p)

21. Bentoh macrumors newbie

Haven't had a crash and auto-reboot for say the past 5 days for both my iPhone 5 and iPad 2. :)

In beta 2 it crashed 50% of the time when I called up the app switcher...

22. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Beta 3 has been all around more stable but there are a few new glaring bugs that I'm looking forward to (hopefully) being squashed.

Not getting text alerts when I'm in another app is the biggest one with decreased battery life coming in at a close second. No Reminders alerts (they show up in NC just fine) and the wallpaper glitch mentioned earlier are a little less serious but annoying nonetheless.

23. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Great analogy. Nice to not have one that involves a car. It seems the experience someone has is greatly determined by the model of phone. It will be interesting to see how much of a subset of features the 4 will have.

24. WilliamG macrumors 604

I've also had the freeze of death where I'm using the earpods and I lock the phone while I'm on a call, and then I can't ever unlock it. After the call ends I have to hold down Home + Power to reset the thing.

25. cwosigns, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013

cwosigns macrumors 65816

Beta 3 is more stable than beta 2 was, for sure....BUT:

• Neither my boyfriend or I are receiving any calls. All solutions thus far are very temporary.
    • My data connections are unreliable. LTE sometimes stops transmitting data and I had to toggle airplane mode. My wifi connection was flaky and would revert back to LTE randomly.
    • Email sometimes didn't push.

Oddly I was willing to live with all of this on my daily driver, but the thing that pushed me over the edge was having a badge notification stuck on the Messages app. I had no new messages. Deleted all messaged, signed out of my Messages account and signed back in. Did a hard reset. Nothing would fix it.

So I went back to iOS 6. I'll see how beta 4 does on the BF's phone before upgrading. He's my canary I'll send into the mines.

Mind you, I am not complaining. I fully realize it's a beta release and that things will get better. But my badge notification OCD is pretty fierce, and I just couldn't take it. LOL