Coming from a Note 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Turtle69Turtle, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Turtle69Turtle macrumors regular

Turtle69Turtle

Yeah yeah yeah, my phone is the bomb.

Anyways, with me having to return my note 7 for the SECOND time, i decided to take this rare opportunity to switch to iOS. Im kind of excited in using a completely different phone. Any advice you guys have for me?

I ordered a case and tempered glass screen protector already:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KULJTQO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014EB532U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately the 128 GB 7 Plus is on backorder. I wont get it until 11/15-12/18. You guys think it'll come sooner?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Quite possibly. Apple often ends up shipping sooner than estimated.

3. serega macrumors regular

My wifes came the way faster then they scheduled. It's a rose gold 7+, 128 gig.

4. vdor macrumors member

vdor

Advice? No screen protector and no case. :p

I think you'll enjoy it. I love the Plus. What color did you pick? iOS is vastly different from Android, so the experience will be new. You win some and lose some by switching in either direction. Efficiency is probably the best part of iOS for me.

My (real) advice is to get the 10.1 public beta to get the most of your phone. However since you won't get it until November at worst, 10.1 might be public by then. :rolleyes:

5. Turtle69Turtle thread starter macrumors regular

Turtle69Turtle

I decided with the matte black. I was leaning towards the jet black, but i heard horror stories of how prone to scratches it is. I've messed around with my brother's matte black 7 plus, and im perfectly fine with my choice.

Im really hoping it comes before what the shipping date suggests.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Look into film sets by Power Support. They are rated one of the best out there.

7. macguy90 macrumors member

macguy90

I've always received my orders faster than Apple's estimated ship dates, so there's a good chance you will too. Congrats on the new iPhone 7! I have a feeling once you familiarize yourself with iOS 10, you're going to love how streamlined every task is.

8. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I had ship dates of 11/15-12/15 and will get them on Wednesday. So yes, you SHOULD get it early.

Nice shirt by the way.

9. Turtle69Turtle thread starter macrumors regular

Turtle69Turtle

How faster have you received your order? also, my order is from T-Mobile, hope that doesn't make a difference.

Should I invest in an apple watch? i had a gear s2 with my note 7 and i loved it.

10. Brandonjr36 Suspended

Brandonjr36

I came from the s7 I now have the regular 7 matte black I love it. Don't see myself ever going back to Android. I owned 1-7 galaxy s series and a few notes they lag way to much. I've had this iPhone a month and it has zero lag.

11. fischersd macrumors 601

fischersd

Everyone goes on about how the grip on the jet black is a better surface for sure gripping of your phone.

Get AC+ and run naked. That's where everyone's headed. Cases and screen protectors (with the exception of those with occupations that necessitate a more rigorous exterior) are going away.

Most people I know with the jet black don't mind the few fine scratches that they have. It's still an amazing looking phone! :)

12. Turtle69Turtle thread starter macrumors regular

Turtle69Turtle

how much is AC+ ? Can i even buy that if i get my phone through my carrier?

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

$129. Yes.

14. Turtle69Turtle thread starter macrumors regular

Turtle69Turtle

going naked scares the hell out of me (lol). I feel like I just need something on my phone. **** happens man. The case and screen protector only came up to $26 , so its not a huge commitment that im making.

15. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I don't think those screen protectors will work as they say 6sPlus. The cutouts are different. Look at Anker 7Plus protectors. Great feel and great replacement warranty.

16. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I used a 6s on a 7 and it worked fine. I don't like the ones that have cutouts for the front camera.

17. KillaMac Suspended

Yeah, order it from best buy and get it in one week.

18. vdor macrumors member

vdor

Hopefully, mine was 10/3-10/10 and it arrived 9/28. So a tiny bit earlier.

I like the matte black; I'd waited years for a runner up to the black and slate iPhone 5. However, the Jet Black was too much of a beauty for me to pass up. I love it. But I love the matte black too, just not as much.

19. Turtle69Turtle thread starter macrumors regular

Turtle69Turtle

im hoping it comes weeks earlier lol. probably not gonna happen.

20. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

6s and 7 are almost identical. The camera and speaker cutout are entirely different on the 7Plus from the 6Plus/6sPlus. The speaker is much wider.

21. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

Congrats on shifting, I came from a Galaxy Note 3 a bit over a year ago. I do miss the Android version of widgets, but have no intention of going back. If you use a wide selection of apps, your biggest problem will be finding equivalents for the ones where both systems aren't supported. I don't have any suggestions to make that easier except research online and ask iOS users with similar needs. You'll enjoy getting updates with no interference from the carrier.

Make sure you explore settings thoroughly, there is a lot of flexibility in there, especially in notifications.

I used a somewhat bulky Otterbox Commuter case on my 6S Plus, but for my 7 Plus went with a minimalist thin Spigen case for grippiness. I personally wouldn't go "naked" but it is a free country!

Check out the difference between Apple Care and your carrier insurance. Main thing I noted is that AC+ doesn't cover theft or loss of the phone, but gives you more access to tech support which I haven't needed.

22. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Will they work for a short time until the 7's have better screen protectors? I have a few extra. Like I said I don't care about the camera cutout.

23. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

You might have issues with the top speaker when playing music and stuff. Because of the stereo speakers, it will probably be muffled. Anker has great screen protectors IMO. I use the 7Plus and my GF uses the 7.

24. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

Those horror stories are mostly from people who have ordered the jet black and want to shorten the wait somewhat ;)

25. ndolebay macrumors member

ndolebay