Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
seriously I fall asleep in NY on trains all the time

plus, why would anyone take a bus in LA? I thought everyone has cars? And if you have an iPhone and still take the bus, redistribute your assets guys ...
i just started taking the bus in LA and i have a car and an iphone 3G

i started taking it for not having to drive in traffic all day. the Experience so far is good ... but i can always take my car if i wanted.

jolla

macrumors member
May 10, 2005
Does anyone know if it keeps the phone from sleeping?? There have been a ton of gps apps where this has been an issue ...

Yes, screen will go off to save power, but iNap will keep running to wake you in time!

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Good for TTC bus rides. Bad for TTC subway rides if it only relies on GPS lol
<sets alarm at Bloor/Yonge station to wake up at Jane station>

Awesome! <takes nap>

<time passes>
.zzz

.zz...zzz..

<train arrives at Kipling, alarm still hasn't gone off>

This is true. No communication whatsoever on the TTC.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
This is obsurd

When I was in New York, my GPS rarely worked. I would never rely on something like this! It definately won't work in the most important place too, the subway, but hey, to each their own.

mautal

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2006
California
Good for TTC bus rides. Bad for TTC subway rides if it only relies on GPS lol
<sets alarm at Bloor/Yonge station to wake up at Jane station>

Awesome! <takes nap>

<time passes>
.zzz

.zz...zzz..

<train arrives at Kipling, alarm still hasn't gone off>

Hahahaha, those train stations sound suspiciously canadian... i vaguely remeber bloor/yonge last time i was in toronto...

jolla

macrumors member
May 10, 2005
You keep the program running while you are asleep. It does not run in the background. You can however lock the iPhone to turn of the screen and save power. iNap will keep running and wake you in time.
The iPod application can also run in the background of iNap so you can listen to your tunes, and still get an alert when you are nearing your destination. Works perfectly ;)

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
That'd be handy. I get the bus to and from Uni and it can take up to 50 minutes depending on traffic. Would be nice to have a little snooze on the journey.

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2007
Cool, and it doesn't cost a bunch of money either :)

But I wouldn't take it (nor any valuables) in a suburbs train in France hehe ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.