Comparison screenshots (i8+ vs. iX / i8 vs. iX)

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011

Attachments

Last edited:

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
The NOTCH! So fugly...
I think you don't see it anymore after a few days of usage.

But what I don't understand. Why is the "homebar" everytime visible? I hope you can hide it in the accessibilty settings. Or in iOS11.1 it dissapears after a few seconds.

Reactions: Jetcat3

v0lume4

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2012
Great screenshots. Thanks for posting them.

Having seen those screenshots, I realize that you don't get that much more usable screen space with the X compared to the 8 Plus. Most of the additional .4" of screen space (do I have that number right?) is taken up by the home-button-bar-thing and the notch area at the top the screen. And the screen on the X is taller, not necessarily wider than the 8 Plus.

Hm.

Reactions: m-a and Tikatika

v0lume4

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2012
This confirms my thoughts. In reality, the X is a beta release. Has lots to sort out before it's ready for prime time. The 8 Plus is the safe choice for now for most consumers.
It sort of seems that way, doesn't it? It makes you wonder what we are going see next year. Will the design change at all? Will we see a larger version of the iPhone X? Most likely, for the latter.

IF there is any sort of drastic design change next year based on the design of the X, current X buyers are gonna feel shafted. Doubt that's going to happen by next year though.

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
8 vs X screenshots are interesting as the two are physically similar in size. Awesome how much more screen / content you get with the X.

Reactions: kerrikins
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.