Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Minnesota-based company Hearing Components today announced the release of its second-generation Comply memory foam ear tips for AirPods Pro, promising "all-day comfort" and a "secure in-ear fit" during any activity.

comply-2-0-ear-tips-airpods-pro.jpg

Unlike the original, the Comply 2.0 ear tips are able to snap onto the AirPods Pro just like Apple's standard silicone tips, and they are also said to be engineered with improved foam-core adhesion. The memory foam creates a tight seal in the ear that blocks out more ambient noise for improved Active Noise Cancellation on AirPods Pro.

MacRumors tested the original Comply ear tips for AirPods Pro in May and found them to be more comfortable than Apple's silicone tips for long periods of use. There was also a slight improvement in Active Noise Cancellation as promised.

The ear tips fit into the AirPods Pro case, with no impact on charging, but the black foam does not match with the white case.

The new Comply 2.0 ear tips are available now in a three-pack for $24.99, with small, medium, large, and assorted sizes to choose from. A sizing guide is available on the website based on Apple's silicone tips.

Article Link: Comply's New Memory Foam Ear Tips for AirPods Pro Feature Snap-On Design, Improved Foam-Core Adhesion

debosdad

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2014
Its some BS for all of us who spent a whopping $30 on the first gen ear tips and now they expect us to spend that again when they finally release a product that (supposidly) works. Everyone who bought the first gen tips should get the non defective ones as an automatic replacement from the company.

beachbum45

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2013
California
Never bought the first generation, but I’ve been less than impressed by these 2.0 after 1 week of testing. Apparently my ears are asymmetric and the large apple tips fall out on my right ear (mediums don’t seal). Not only are the comply tips more temperamental to get a seal, but they still fall out. From what I can tell, there is no ‘satisfaction guarantee’ with comply, so it was a $25 failed experiment I guess.

Bring Back the Gun

Suspended
Oct 8, 2020
I like “Comply“ they make quality products at a reasonable price point. These should make a good addition for those who use wireless headphones...

However, I won’t take the plunge, because the audio quality being transmitted to the device is maxed out at 255kbps. There has been zero improvement in actual “bitrate“ since the original AirPods debuted. You can’t even listen to max quality 320 kbps on Pandora or Spotify...it is limited at 255kbps.

“Theyayarealivin“ wants to talk about lawsuits...well here is a lawsuit for you...
Tidal supposedly offers lossless audio for a premium price...however it is impossible to transmit anything above 255kbps to your ears when Tidal says it pushes up to 999kbps. They are committing fraud on the App Store with those practices and any other streaming app that forces the user to pay a subscription premium to unlock HQ lossless audio should be held to account as well... because it is a lie​
Look for Apple to “gloss” over this tiny little fact when they introduce their over-ear headphones this fall. The gullible masses will actually believe they are buying a superior product, when in fact it faces the same 255kbps bottleneck that every Bluetooth capable Apple device has put in place.

Android has some devices with a superior codec that can transmit above 255kbps, but Apple wants to become a 2 trillion dollar company, and giving their customers the best audio experience in 2021 would inhibit that goal.?

Listening to 255kbps audio is no way to go through life, live each day like it’s your last and have no regrets. Pushing 999kbps on (2016) iPhone SE?

Last edited:

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Never bought the first generation, but I’ve been less than impressed by these 2.0 after 1 week of testing. Apparently my ears are asymmetric and the large apple tips fall out on my right ear (mediums don’t seal). Not only are the comply tips more temperamental to get a seal, but they still fall out. From what I can tell, there is no ‘satisfaction guarantee’ with comply, so it was a $25 failed experiment I guess.

What I've noticed in my time trying out foam tips for my AirPods is that I have to squish the tips, put the AirPods in and then let them fill out in my ear to get them to seal right and keep them from falling out. More of a pain in the ass to get them in, but once they're in they don't seem to move.

I go back and forth between what I prefer between getting them in easier with the Apple tips vs the staying power of the foam tips.

mike...

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
I just bought six pairs of cheap (£9.99) "New Bee" Chinese memory foam tips from Amazon, and they're great. They snap on just like Apple's silicone tips. I honestly don't see the value in what Comply are offering.

• Wow
Reactions: Smoovejayy

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
I’ve got the V1 Comply tips, that I used for a while, but went back to the standard Apple tips. There were just a few too many times the tips came off in my ear that made the benefit not worth it. It’s funny, after seeing the article pop up, I switched back to the Comply and they are more comfortable than the Apple tips. I’ll give them another shot and see if I can live with them.

Reactions: Georgie

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
Considering I feel like I just bought the Gen one tips from this company based on an article on this site. How do they they think in any world I'm going to give them another penny when they are acknowlegeing the first set sucked and lasted a couple months before being replaced with a new product that they "fixed" the issues.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I just bought six pairs of cheap (£9.99) "New Bee" Chinese memory foam tips from Amazon, and they're great. They snap on just like Apple's silicone tips. I honestly don't see the value in what Comply are offering.

What is cheap...Genuine question...thanks.

Seems like a lot of people here hate them, not a good sign.

unfunfionn

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2015
Berlin, Germany
In the past I had much better experiences with InAirs than Comply, but both companies' AirPods tips have gotten horrible reviews. And the pricing is crazy considering you need to replace them fairly regularly. When I used them with other headphones, they lasted about 3-4 weeks.

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
I like “Comply“ they make quality products at a reasonable price point. These should make a good addition for those who use wireless headphones...

However, I won’t take the plunge, because the audio quality being transmitted to the device is maxed out at 255kbps. There has been zero improvement in actual “bitrate“ since the original AirPods debuted. You can’t even listen to max quality 320 kbps on Pandora or Spotify...it is limited at 255kbps.

“Theyayarealivin“ wants to talk about lawsuits...well here is a lawsuit for you...
Tidal supposedly offers lossless audio for a premium price...however it is impossible to transmit anything above 255kbps to your ears when Tidal says it pushes up to 999kbps. They are committing fraud on the App Store with those practices and any other streaming app that forces the user to pay a subscription premium to unlock HQ lossless audio should be held to account as well... because it is a lie​
Look for Apple to “gloss” over this tiny little fact when they introduce their over-ear headphones this fall. The gullible masses will actually believe they are buying a superior product, when in fact it faces the same 255kbps bottleneck that every Bluetooth capable Apple device has put in place.

Android has some devices with a superior codec that can transmit above 255kbps, but Apple wants to become a 2 trillion dollar company, and giving their customers the best audio experience in 2021 would inhibit that goal.?

Listening to 255kbps audio is no way to go through life, live each day like it’s your last and have no regrets. Pushing 999kbps on (2016) iPhone SE?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Like literally no idea. For starters 256kbps AAC is the same (if not slightly better) audio quality as 320kbps mp3.

Reactions: ohio.emt

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
Yes. I preordered the original ones and got an email from Comply a few months later asking me to review the 2.0. Like, really? Take a hike, Comply. You’re drunk.

Reactions: rgbrock1

AppleUser2

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009

Hi - do they improve the bass?

Manatee

Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Washington DC
I got these for my AirPod Pros, and it completely solved my falling-out-of-the-ear problem.

Guess that means Apple will start making their own tips like this, and take away the business of the little company that solved the problem.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
I have version 1 and I like them. Gave away the other two sets that came with it to friends. I've been using them everyday since they were initially shipped out to everyone. My primary use is at the gym. My friend uses them daily while at work.

Comply emailed me and gave me a discount code to try version 2 which is currently on the way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.