Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I'm hoping my current brodit pro clip might just fit since it's an expanding one but if not I'll be getting the specific iPhone 6+ mount as my iPhone 5 mount has been so good!

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
No no, you'll see iPhone 6 buyer's remorse when they realize that most are happy with the 5.5" size.

What do you know, I can make pointless comments based on nothing as well.

Well it believe I saw somewhere that about half of the people that buy huge 5.5 inch phones end up going back down in size for their next phone upgrade.

joshmv

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
Well it believe I saw somewhere that about half of the people that buy huge 5.5 inch phones end up going back down in size for their next phone upgrade.

I believe I saw it somewhere that people that buy tiny 4.7 inch phones end up going bigger their next phone upgrade.

InternetDude08

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
The 6 Plus does not fit in my cupholder which is where I set the phone when it's charging in the car. It also does not fit overtop the in-dash screen in my car like the 6 does (sometimes I use it for Nav since the factory nav sucks sometimes, so I lay it right over the screen). 6 FTW in the car!

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I use an imagnet mount with a slim metal disc that slips in my tough armor case. It's very minimalistic.
http://imagnetmount.com/

Love this mount!

I had a similar magnet mount but was inserted into the CD slot. Problem was with a big phone like a Galaxy Note II, which is smaller than the Plus, it would start to rotate on the magnet mount during hard turns/cornering. So freakin' annoying that I returned it.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I went ahead and bought a new iOttie One Touch dashboard mount to replace the one I was using for the 5S. Problem solved :)

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Pro clip all the way.

I have a 5.9" HTC one Max and the dashboard mount fits perfectly. Mounts to the side of the center console, giving me access to the phone. The mount swivels, is very strong and looks good.

Btw. I've had cd mounts, air vent mounts and suction cup mounts, and none of them work with a heavier, larger phone.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
+1 for the airframe. I have been using it for my iphone 5 for the past year or so. Like someone said you need to get it positioned just right depending on your vents and it will feel very solid. Really easy to put your phone in and take out too.

falkedup

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
I had a similar magnet mount but was inserted into the CD slot. Problem was with a big phone like a Galaxy Note II, which is smaller than the Plus, it would start to rotate on the magnet mount during hard turns/cornering. So freakin' annoying that I returned it.

This one is pretty strong. My phones have never moved on it and I have had a ton of phones

moogoos

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
This is exactly why we'll see a lot of buyer's remorse come Sept 19th. Too many people opting for the 5.5" just because of the better specs.

Huh? I got mine for the bigger screen and so I can see it better in the car. Remorse is more likely on the 4.7 than the 5.5. I have my 5.5 case already and it fits my hand well:

abb243649c49c96a05881b0d55e28ec8.jpg

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Huh? I got mine for the bigger screen and so I can see it better in the car. Remorse is more likely on the 4.7 than the 5.5. I have my 5.5 case already and it fits my hand well:

I suggest you consider the context of my post. I was responding to the OP who ordered the iPhone 6+ without thinking everything through like not being able to mount it in the center console of his vehicle. You may have done your research, but many people (including the OP) didn't hence the pending buyer's remorse which will obviously happen to a certain segment of them.

moogoos

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
I suggest you consider the context of my post. I was responding to the OP who ordered the iPhone 6+ without thinking everything through like not being able to mount it in the center console of his vehicle. You may have done your research, but many people (including the OP) didn't hence the pending buyer's remorse which will obviously happen to a certain segment of them.

My point is I don't think there will be "a lot of remorse for 5.5" buyers". I could just as easily claim that 4.7 buyers will be more remorseful getting a smaller screen and lesser specs. The OPs issue is likely a lesser problem than those that might not fit a 5.5 well enough for everyday use, or the 4.7 screen just isn't much bigger and wish they had the bigger screen, or wish they had 1080p. There will be remorse on both ends, as with any choice of such a purchase.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
My point is I don't think there will be "a lot of remorse for 5.5" buyers". I could just as easily claim that 4.7 buyers will be more remorseful getting a smaller screen and lesser specs.

It'll most certainly go both ways, but given the number of members who were originally considering the 4.7 only to opt for the 5.5 once they learned of the better specs one scenario is more likely than the other.

shancake

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
So the 6+ won't fit the regular Airframe will it? I'm a big lover of the device since iPhone 5s came out.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.

That's not buyers remorse, it's simply a buying mistake due to poor research.

Buyers remorse is buying something that you didn't really want at all and then regretting it (which in fairness, we've all done).

There's a huge difference between buyer's remorse and a poorly researched purchase decision.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.