Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I bet infinity blade 2 will come out with a preview of their upcoming update on march the 7th.

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
How do you know that's a legitimate part? It's not like the iPad 3 is out already.

That and how can a company sell parts for a device Apple hasn't started selling or even introduced yet ?

Arn, if this turns out to be true, then hats of to you. This is stuff us miserable older farts like to see. Things you come up with yourself.

Although I think the price should be a hint not all is true. A retina display for $122. That is a little cheap don't you think.

Can you post pictures of the info that came with it regarding specifications etc?

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Arn, go get battery, camera, and main board replacement parts:D

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
Has there been any confirmation that it will also be quad core? I'm keeping my toes crossed for quad core and LTE.

With the Retina display, the assumption is that a quad core would be needed to do the processing power of retina display enabled apps...especially high end games like Infinity Blade III.

I'm guessing that only the high-end iPads will have retina display.

Will probably be something like:
$499 32gb, $599 64gb, $699 128gb and $999 retina 128gb.

I hope I'm wrong, but retina displays still are too expensive for a $500 device.

You're wrong. They didn't up the price of the iPhone. That's not Apple's style. It will be another strong selling point for the iPad vs competition.

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
Has there been any confirmation that it will also be quad core? I'm keeping my toes crossed for quad core and LTE.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you expect to be able to do with a quad, you could not do with a dual? For liner code, a faster dual would be better. You could jack the clock speed up to the point that the device returns an answer before you ask a question. The tradeoff with battery life would not make this practical.

More is not always better.

diddl14

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2009
As pissed as Apple might be that this leaked out, I have to say- I will be setting aside money that I would be spending on something else to buy this now!!!! :D

Don't think Apple will be pissed. Rumors and leaks are the way they save big time on marketing. This article goes around the galaxy faster than any Samsung press release.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
With the Retina display, the assumption is that a quad core would be needed to do the processing power of retina display enabled apps...especially high end games like Infinity Blade III.

You're wrong. They didn't up the price of the iPhone. That's not Apple's style. It will be another strong selling point for the iPad vs competition.

I hope that they can keep the current price points. That would be great and would knock the competition for another loop,

bhtooefr

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Newark, OH, USA
Hmm.

What connector(s) does this display use to interface with the motherboard? (Pinout would be epic, but I'm really doubting that that would ever be public.)

Last edited:

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010

Anyway im taking a day off on the release date. I want this - first.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Sounds exciting for those waiting for iPad 3, BUT, coming from someone who currently does not own an iPad (me), I will be keeping my eye on the Clearance section once these launch in hopes of scoring a deal on the iPad 2.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
My bet is, over time, the OS will become much less of a deal. The more you move off of the device and onto servers or the cloud, the less relevant the OS becomes.

OS will be more of a hardware bridge to cloud services. For example, if I need recording music with my third-party audio controller, the browser must recognize it as an input device and take advantage of all of its features.

This will be the next chapter of OS-war: make the browsers smart enough to take advantage of external IO devices. Javascript will have to support a kind of hardware abstraction layer (it already has improved graphics support in HTML5 but still lacks a lot of audio support, scanner, video and photo devices).

----------

Sounds exciting for those waiting for iPad 3, BUT, coming from someone who currently does not own an iPad (me), I will be keeping my eye on the Clearance section once these launch in hopes of scoring a deal on the iPad 2.

iPad 3 looks like a great tool for photographer presentation, viewing and mobile editing. For all other uses, iPad 2 is perhaps a decent content consumption device for the next 2 years.

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
My bet is, over time, the OS will become much less of a deal. The more you move off of the device and onto servers or the cloud, the less relevant the OS becomes.

Well I know cloud junk is all the trendy buzz lately but we are in no way close to the scenario you just described.

The OS matters a lot.

Now more then ever with iOS starting to be perceived as a bit dated compared to all the other players.

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
I hope Apple and Canon work out a deal, so photographers can attach the iPad 3 to our camera and use the new iPad as live view. Using an iPad attached to my camera would be cool.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I'm in for 1.

Will be buying as many as possible during pre-orders/launch. Keep one, sell the rest on eBay for double!

If you walk out of an Apple store with a stack of iPads, and you get mugged, I will laugh.

If 2560 x 1600 is something that brings flagship video cards to their knees, how is an iPad going to compare?

2560x1600 does not bring flagship video cards to their knees when doing anything normal like you would on an iPad (using the OS, web browsing, small apps, photos, videos, audio, light gaming, etc.) It's only when you load up a 3D game that has 150,000 special effects running at 2560x1600 that brings flagship video cards to their knees.

Last edited:

z28black98

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
Oklahoma
Have been holding off for months until the 3 came out. The three things I am hoping are LTE, Quad Core and Retina Display. I guess I can mark one of those off the list!! Best Buy gift cards have been in the drawer since Christmas!! I am ready!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.