Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carrerascott

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
What did you order? Model/GB/Color
Where did you order from?
How long did it take for you to get your order to go through?

Was able to order one through the iPhone App (6,Black,128), but that was one I was upgrading.

I need to order 2 more without a contract (T-Mobile) which it says you can only do on their main site, which is STILL down at almost 4am ET. Apple, you suck.

Last edited:

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
I'm a seasoned online pre-launch iPhone shopper...this was by far the biggest cluster! Of course...memories being made yet again.

1. I ALWAYS use the Apple Store app...it usually goes live about 5 minutes before the web version.
2. At 15 minutes after....still nothing from either the app or online. Everyone claims AT&T and Verizon are up, so I think...what the heck...I'll order through AT&T! I KNEW BETTER!!!
3. Placed my order through AT&T and looked like everything went well...
4. Went back to the Apple Store app...Look, It's UP!!!
5. Order my wife's NO PROBLEM. Get an email from Apple immediately...9/19 delivery!
6. Still nothing from AT&T. Wait an hour...Nothing...check again later...nothing...Mutha*****
7. Decide to order through Apple again and just cancel the AT&T order later...AT&T servers are down and Apple can't verify my account...*****!!!
8. Keep checking AT&T website...notta.
9. Finally, Apple Store app allows me to order...no problems...9/19 delivery! This 2 hours after the fact.

Overall, impressed Apple still had 9/19 delivery 2 hours later for my iPhone.

Purchased two iPhone 6 models at 64GB...Space Grey!

Now I just need to wait for AT&T to confirm my order so I can cancel it. What a nightmare! I freakin knew better...but everyone snatching them up from AT&T while Apple's stores were down caused me to flinch from my routine...never again Apple...never again! Next year I'm staying on the Store app until the sun comes up.

Last edited:

scrap104

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
UTC−05:00
3:44AM EST
iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Silver (Sprint)
Hiccups on the both iPhone app and iPad app, in the end the iPad got it. Got exactly what I wanted and when I wanted.

Last edited:

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
iPhone Plus 128GB White/Silver on Verizon ordered through the Apple Store App.

Yay. :)

Originally wanted Gold but it was unavailable from the start.

Last edited:

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
Verizon 128gb 6+ silver. 9/19 delivery. Used Apple store app on iPhone.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.