Congratulations to Apple for a Successful Launch!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shawngt2, Apr 23, 2015.

1. shawngt2 macrumors member

Simply stated, despite many people being super upset they don't get a watch tomorrow, Apple did very well...

Before any of us clicked the 'confirmation' button to purchase the watch there, at minimum, was an earliest range between 4/24-5/8.

They are keeping to their promise and planned it out all very well and we really have nothing to complain about considering the number of configurations and that this is a 'first' product for Apple since the iPad. Demand for Apple products is much larger now.

So solute to you Apple! I ordered watches at 3:03AM and 3:04AM EST time for 42mm SS, BSB and 42mm Sport, Space Grey respectively and so far only have the space grey in 'shipping' status since an hour ago for Apr. 28th and the SS model in 'processing' mode for who knows how long.

They did not fail this launch at all and are keeping to their promises 100% thus far.

Tired of all the complainers knocking Apple for failing...Then go buy a BlackBerry, you will probably get a new released phone on launch day there if you so wish...

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Only people who have a watch shipping are making these threads. Go pound sand.

:p

3. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Cool story, bro.

4. Qrispy macrumors regular

Qrispy

Wow you're cool.

5. matt550 macrumors 6502

I don’t necessarily disagree with most of that. I think they could have done many things different to make it better. Have the try on appointments before the preorder for starters, and maybe delay the launch a week or two to assure everybody gets one at launch… just my .02 cents

6. McPhallus macrumors regular

The OP makes some good points, but launch day isn't until tomorrow. We still don't know how many who preordered will get theirs tomorrow or how well Apple will do at fulfilling the rest of the orders. We may not know until June or even later. So it's a bit too early to declare a successful launch.

7. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

I know I shouldn't feed the troll but:

Was it a fail of a launch? No, definitely not. But it wasn't a great launch either, and I think Apple is aware of this.

1 - They're obviously still working out manufacturing issues, and the large shipping windows are indicative of this.

2 - They couldn't make enough to have them in stores simultaneously, just like they have for literally every other launch since the iPod in 2001.

Both of which, point to the fact that they weren't ready for an April launch date, but stuck to it so they could keep their word of "Early April". It shows.

8. mynameisjosh macrumors regular

mynameisjosh

Lol. You would so not be posting this if your first order was not in shipping status. Good job though. Ha.

9. shawngt2 thread starter macrumors member

Try-ons before, agreed.

I think they will hit their metrics quite well vs deliveries outside the windows promised. They have already exceeded some June deliveries and also announced they will exchange bands only.

----------

This makes me laugh...Thanks for that. Especially since the SS is the one I keep and the Sport is the one I sell....

10. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Let me guess you have a tracking number and therefore your opinion on this subject is very important.

11. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

Apple really is exceptional about these launches and this one has also been great.
    I really like
    - the idea of being able to try on all the watches
    - ability to get lengthy explanations in the stores.
    - The videos.
    - The clear explanation of when I can expect my watch.
    - The 1,000 apps available now in the app store
    - The excitement of people tracking planes, UPS, talking to executives,etc.

12. shawngt2, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015

shawngt2 thread starter macrumors member

Must be it! Note above.

13. redman042 macrumors 68020

I agree with the OP even though I'm going to be waiting. I'm SG 42mm ordered at 12:12 am, 4-6 weeks.

This is a new category for Apple and radically different than an iPhone. They aren't fabricating everything in Shenzen China, but instead have bands coming from Italy and numerous other places. Maybe someone has counted all of the possible watch body and band combos but it's a lot. Apple has no prior demand data to draw upon and they have to guess how many of each to have ready and where to warehouse them. They have sold millions of these in the first week of preordering. They never promised delivery on the 24th and have tried to communicate with the public several times over the last week. The Apple Store support staff could be better informed but it's not a big thing.

Many of us will have to wait but it will only be a few weeks which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. Before we know it we will all have watches and the fretting we see here today will be a distant memory.

I think Apple is doing a good job. Having this many fans clamoring for the new watch is a nice problem to have.

14. avalys macrumors 6502

The fact that they advertised "available on 4/24", and apparently did not have enough stock to guarantee delivery by 4/24 for anyone, even people who placed their order 1 minute after the store went live, is a major mistake. The fact that they, at the last minute once the store went live, snuck in a message saying "delivers by 4/24 - 5/8" doesn't change that.

15. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

When does "available" = "guaranteed for delivery"?

That is your disconnect.

BL.

16. applefan022 macrumors 6502

These are the people that have tracking numbers or have been shipped. lol

17. shawngt2 thread starter macrumors member

Available 4/24 is the truth! My god! Seriously, what is wrong with you! Who clicked a button to purchase a watch that said Apr. 24th delivery? NOBODY!

It's the end of the world drama queens! I have nothing better in life but to complain, be negative and pick on the most successful company in the world because "I WANT IT NOW OR I'M TELLING!"...Sounds exactly like this to me!

18. avalys macrumors 6502

If they say "pre-orders start on April 10", and "Available on April 24", it is clearly implied that deliveries should start on April 24. Otherwise, what is the significance of the April 24 date at all?

19. shawngt2 thread starter macrumors member

I will state it again. The watch I intend to wear is "in progress" with no definitely delivery date or any funds being extracted from my account. I'm a positive person, no like many of the 'extremists' on this forum...Sorry, that that is exactly what this is.

20. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

You're such a great Apple apologist. Bravo. :rolleyes:

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That they are available to be ordered on 4/24. Nothing about 'guaranteed for delivery'. That's your assumption, not their implication.

BL.

22. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Lol I thought it was pound salt. Same concept though I guess

23. avalys macrumors 6502

The "availability for ordering" date was April 10, obviously. What else was the significance of 4/24, if not "available to customers", e.g. delivery? Unless you're Beyonce, the Watch is not "available" to anyone until it is actually delivered, and they didn't actually guarantee anyone a delivery date that meets their "Available on 4/24" advertising.

24. shawngt2 thread starter macrumors member

Take the word 'available' to the court of law and ask them if it means that everyone instantly has one on this date?

Edit: Seems I misunderstood your message. Agreed

25. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

The significance was that the watch would be available in stores starting the 24th. They backtracked on that, but the pre-order shipping dates have been completely unchanged since the 10th.