Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Ever since the MobileMe debacle of duplicating records, Apple has proven time and time again that they SUCK at syncing via the cloud.

I specifically downgraded to iTunes 12.6.3.6 in order to sync Contacts via direct connect USB in an effort to avoid iCloud. However, as High Sierra progressed, despite selecting the option to sync this way, nothing was happening. There IS a thread somewhere on here where some user did some digging and surmised that the issue is High Sierra working with iTunes.

Foolishly, I wasted time on the USELESS AppleCare, where I had FOUR "Senior Advisors" (just love how they tote that title over and over to you) saying they are escalating it to Engineering only to have the final word come back, "Why doesn't he sync via iCloud?" They didn't have an answer after I responded with all the duplication of records, etc.

Biting the bullet, I reluctantly turned on the Contacts syncing in iCloud and, of course, had to manually go through all the records to find over a few hundred duplicates, quads, etc.

But even after that, I'm sitting on ~150 more records on my Mac than on my iPhone or iPad (which also have discrepancies between THEM).

Is my only option a third party like FullContact to clean all this up?

Appreciate the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.