Convince me to stay with iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcv, Jun 12, 2010.

1. tcv macrumors newbie

I'll start off by saying that the iPhone 4 is the sexiest device I have ever seen. The incredible display, amazing build quality, and the new features of iOS4 make it a very appealing phone. But nobody can deny the unique features of Android that make it at least a viable option.

I'd love to upgrade to the iPhone4 because of the new hardware, software, and features, but Android has many awesome features (Google Voice, Navigation, Goggles, etc.) that make it extremely appealing.

What is keeping you from switching you to Android? I know this is an Apple forum, but please try to avoid giving blind, fanboy opinions.:D

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

No. Switch if you want. Your decision does not affect anyone else here, therefore we don't care what product you buy.

3. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Because Android is a piece of ****
    lol jk

I just think the iPhone has a better experience compared to the Android

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Get the phone that best fulfills your needs.

5. andrew086 macrumors regular

I know this is stupid, but the only reason I don't want to get an iPhone is because of the push notifications instead of the notification system on android.

6. Kawjumper201 macrumors member

oh please oh please stay and hog att network for us. jk man its a real easy decision for me. iP4!!

7. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Convince yourself, thats what matters in the end.

8. OOC macrumors member

If you're trying to get people to make you stay with the iPhone, then you obviously want the iPhone 4. /thread

9. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

10. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Please get a different phone. We don't want indecisive people in our iphone club.

11. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

No. Go get another phone on another network. It'll clear up the airways for me. The line on launch day will be that much shorter. See ya!

12. pika2000 macrumors 68030

-Apps. I have invested quite a lot of apps on iOS.
    -iTunes integration. I've been using iPods for years, so I'm used to Apple's tight integration with iTunes.
    -OS updates. iPhone 3G users will get iOS 4, despite missing features like multi-tasking. Compare that to Android users on 1.x handsets that were just released last year without any hints whether they would get an upgrade to 2.2 or not.
    -I'm on AT&T, and the only Android phones in the US that is usable with AT&T 3G are the moto Backflip and the Nexus One, and Google didn't even drop the Nexus One price a bit.

Before I bought my 3GS, the best Android handset was T-Mobile myTouch 3G, and let's just say it's okay, but nowhere near the 3GS. Let's say if the same situation happened today and I was not heavily invested into the Apple eco-system, the Nexus One is a no-brainer.

13. androiphone macrumors 65816

which one do you want? there you can answer your own question. :cool:

14. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Google Voice - better than the iPhone's (at least for now - Apple just purchased voice search company Siri a few months ago), but that's not to say Apple's won't get better

Google Navigation - it depends on your needs, but Navigon absolutely blows away anything Google can lay down - ignoring the steep price, Navigon (and other GPS apps) are way better, but again, it's what suites your needs

What's Goggles?

Other notes:
    - I can't trust Google with any of my data... they have WAY too many problems with that - it seems they can't keep their gritty hands off me
    - iOS is more polished/ user friendly
    - Android is far more prone to malicious apps, security problems, crashes, etc.
    - etc., etc.

I could go on and on, but I really don't want too...

15. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Then get Android for now, and just wait until Apple improves their Push Notifications. It's as simple as that. And, yes, I do agree that that is a pretty dumb reason, but it should be getting better soon. Apple just hired Palm's WebOS guy who created the Push Notifications, so yeah...

16. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

For now.
    Give Android a year/year and a half and I think the polish will be up there with Apple.

17. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

I was once a flip flopper like you but here i am with my iPhone. Convince yourself cuz its a waste of our time to do it for you.

18. tcv thread starter macrumors newbie

You guys really are a sensitive bunch.

I like the iPhone. I also like Android. What is so hard about telling me what you like about the iPhone? I'm tryng to make a decision with my purchase, not try to bad mouth the iPhone. Some of you are just ridiculous.

Is it really so hard to make a list of what you think the iPhone does better?

19. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Are you an Android fanboy? And I doubt it will quite be at Apple's level either.

20. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

21. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Best laugh I've had all day!:D

22. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Absolutely not, I love my 3G and plan on preordering the iPhone 4 on the 15th. But I do think Android is doing some cool stuff too. What's wrong with healthy competition?

23. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Everything! But on a serious note... oh, wait...

24. pika2000 macrumors 68030

You're assuming Apple will be standing still with iOS 4 in those time frame. As good as Android is improving, we will see iOS improving too, and then there's WinPho7.
    2.2 is very promising though, especially with its free tethering feature. I wouldn't buy an Android phone today that is not guaranteed to get 2.2.

25. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

No I shall not convince you, if you don't like the iPhone, get the Android and shut up about it and your comparisons... no one cares.