Coubicle TV, if you like gifs/fun videos

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by rshev, Dec 10, 2018.

1. rshev macrumors member

rshev

Just released Coubicle TV 1.0, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coubicle-tv/id1350147073?mt=8 (FREE)

If you like gifs (read coub.com, gifs with audio) and would like to have something fun running as a party background on tv, give it a try.

All feedback is welcome here, please let me know what you like and/or hate :)

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I downloaded, I haven't had a chance to play around with it, but it looks like pretty nice.

About 50% of my time on YouTube is watching these braindead clips, but the ads have gotten crazy lately.

Maybe Coubicle TV will be good substitute for YouTube for some of my viewing.

3. rshev thread starter macrumors member

rshev

Glad you did like it! That's the aim of the app to have those clips and no ads. Enjoy :)

4. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I have used it for several hours and I have some thoughts.

Overall, I like it. It is simple, but does basics of what I am looking for.

I love being able to swipe back to an old clip or skip forward past ones that I have seen a hundred times or that bore me.

I like the infinite repeat feature, especially for some videos that deserve to be repeated many times.

But, I hate how the repeat once is a default. It makes sense for some to repeat, but many clips only need to be played once.

Feature request:
    An option to browse thumbnails of videos
    and
    Separate some of them into categories, such as anime, fan service, video games, sports...

If the above was possible, then the ability to filter out certain ones, like I really don't like most of the video game clips.

So, thanks for making this. I have really enjoyed it so far. I am not sure if my feature requests are even possible, but if so, I am sure it would make it an even better experience.

5. rshev thread starter macrumors member

rshev

Thank you very much for your feedback @vertical smile I'm very glad you're enjoying the app!

I'm still collecting initial feedback and will implement requested features when I'll have some free time.
    Your idea with categories selection is quite interesting and would be useful, I'm just trying to think of a good balance between simplicity of use and feature-richness. If you have more ideas, please do let me know :)