Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
So y'all think not having iMessage might be an impediment?

Someone might say "I don't want to pay per text message so I think I'll avoid texting them..."
if they don't have an unlimited text plan, then they're not worthy of being your friend. that's what you should tell them (but not over sms, since may even cost them on receipt and will make them sad, like this --> :( but with more tears).

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I bought a Blackberry q10 but am concerned whether or not

A) people still have text messaging plans now that iMessage is so popular and

B) if they would stop texting me if I am no longer able to use iMessage after making the switch
lol! I use an android, I still am friends with iPhone users.
[doublepost=1477433274][/doublepost]
Someone might say "I don't want to pay per text message so I think I'll avoid texting them..."
all of the newer postpaid wireless plans are unlimited talk and texts. Only pay as you go prepaid pay by the text.

Reactions: Bacong

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
yeah but if they just release FaceTime and iMessage for Android alot of people will just leave Apple and buy Android phone. it is iMessage and FaceTime that keeping them with Apple.
I don't know anyone who thinks that. I don't even know anyone who uses FT much.

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
Love the blackberry q10. One of the best looking phones all time. Miss it.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I bought a Blackberry q10 but am concerned whether or not

A) people still have text messaging plans now that iMessage is so popular and

B) if they would stop texting me if I am no longer able to use iMessage after making the switch

Even if they use iMessage they will still be able to SMS you, and lets be honest here. If you have friends that would stop texting you because you use SMS rather than iMessage, then they likely aren't the kind of 'friends' that you really need.

End .....

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Even if they use iMessage they will still be able to SMS you, and lets be honest here. If you have friends that would stop texting you because you use SMS rather than iMessage, then they likely aren't the kind of 'friends' that you really need.

End .....

It's a hieveryone thread, there is no need to answer seriously

Reactions: frankgrimes and MRU

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
No one cares what phone you have. Only you do. So choose the one you like. :D

I have plenty of green-bubble friends. It really makes no difference whether they have iPhones or not. Don't worry about it bud.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
From someone who owned a Q10 and two Z10's over the last few years, I loved them each but hated the lack of apps and the sub-par camera at this point, though there were some nice shots to come out of it, for instance this macro of some dew on the grass.

8SDN5f1.jpg

They're great phones though and easy to repair when things break. Stable OS, sometimes crappy battery life though. That was my #1 reason for moving away from my Z10, the Q10 fairs better in that department and they are swappable.

What phone you have shouldn't affect your social life. If it does, it's time to find new friends.

Brandon Hobart

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm unable to figure out that how could you be so stupid to switch to Blackberry from an iPhone o_O
Still, if you have already bought a BB q10 running after your dreams, then you should not be concerned of not having iMessages. It would probably affect your social life but you can help yourself installing some online messaging apps like WhatsApp etc. However, you seriously had to think about your social life before purchasing the BB q10.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
From someone who owned a Q10 and two Z10's over the last few years, I loved them each but hated the lack of apps and the sub-par camera at this point, though there were some nice shots to come out of it, for instance this macro of some dew on the grass.

8SDN5f1.jpg

They're great phones though and easy to repair when things break. Stable OS, sometimes crappy battery life though. That was my #1 reason for moving away from my Z10, the Q10 fairs better in that department and they are swappable.

What phone you have shouldn't affect your social life. If it does, it's time to find new friends.
No one cares what phone you have. Only you do. So choose the one you like. :D

I have plenty of green-bubble friends. It really makes no difference whether they have iPhones or not. Don't worry about it bud.

End .....
Friends not texting back to you because you don't have an iPhone?

I have a solution that's sure to work.

Get less shallow friends.

What I'm saying is what if they text LESS because they don't have a text messaging plan?

I'm concerned that if they have the pay per text, they might not text as much.

But then again someone on here said everyone has unlimited texts these days?

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
So y'all think not having iMessage might be an impediment?

Everyone I know gets free unlimited texting built in to their cellular phone plan. The only thing we pay extra for is the data plan which is what Apple's iMessage uses.

I personally avoid iMessage like the plague. If you want to message me, then text is the only way. And nobody cares because nobody I've ever met or talked to even knows what iMessage is.

But then again, I only know a few iPhone users besides myself. Everyone seems to prefer android.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.