Countdown: "iPhone 6+ Is Too Big," "Looks Ridiculous"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Velin, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

September 19, 2014: watch these forums erupt with people complaining the iPhone 6+ is too big, doesn't fit in pockets, not portable enough, or requires a manpurse.

Followed by a chorus of people saying they had no idea how big it was, "don't really need" a 5.5" screen, and regret spending over $800 for a pizza peel that makes them look ridiculous.

2. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

I agree with you 100%. Listen here folks, this is a smart person. You could learn a thing or two from someone like this. Apple made a mistake bringing the large screen thing into the mix but theres still hope for you to ignore it and get a 6!

3. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

Most of those complaints will be made by people who never really bought an iPhone 6/6+ and never had any intention of doing so. Android fanboys/Apple haters. And haters gonna hate.

4. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

All the more unfortunate Apple has a very generous returns policy and that could create a huge dilemma for anyone who is unhappy with their purchase.

5. Djentleman macrumors 6502

Djentleman

If you only give it a day, you're not really going to adjust well, are you? It's the patient ones who will be happiest in the end. You'd be daft to think we're supposed to adjust like nothing's changed the moment it's arrived in out hands.

6. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

...and then you will have the people who get the 6 and then realize it's not that different and wish they had the plus. Although I believe some will do what you said, I think the majority will end up keeping them. I think in the beginning, it might look big but with use, it will be hard to go smaller. Bring on the 5.5...I'm ready :)

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

yeah but it's annoying that they're the same people who clamored for a bigger phone and said apple was laggard for not having one.

trolls one and all! ya gotta laugh, really.

8. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

That's what I was afraid of. I feel like I'd regret the smaller more rather than the larger.

9. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Don't think you can trick us into cancelling our 6+ pre-orders so yours can get moved up. ;) :p

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yes, I AGREE! If you ordered a 6+ you should CANCEL your pre-order!

(So I can get mine faster :) )

:apple:

11. meagain macrumors 68030

I actually DO think this will happen and there will be a ton of returns. Many posts I've read - I didn't find people really thinking it through. Or walking around with weightless pieces of cardboard mockups for a slab that weighs 6.07 ounces.

I think livability for 'pocket people' might come into question.

12. Ncage1974 macrumors member

To each their own. My wife has a note II and i feel it to be just right. I read a lot and so much easier to read on a bigger phone. TO be honest if apple would have just had a 4.7 i don't know if i would have stuck with the iphone.

13. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Ooh an oppurtunity to get a manpurse

14. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Followed a week later by a hord of people who have been looking with envy at everyone with a 6 Plus and now regrets not spending the extra hundred bones to get the real deal.

15. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Honesty the size won't bug me at all...I have had every flagship android phone over the last 4yrs and gave up after the S5. In the end it just came down to Android that i didnt like. I also had the Nokia 1520 which was probably the best phone i ever owned, there were just 2 or 3 things that bothered me about WP8 that made me get rid of it, these things were fixed in WP8.1 but i don't want to switch to Windows Phone to a almost a year old device...So i am waiting patiently to see what the follow up from MS will be to the 1520 and then compare that to the iphone 6+ i will be getting.

Anyway...the Nokia 1520 was HUGE but really thing and felt great in the hand AND it fit in my pockets..If i can fit a 1520 in my pockets easily into relaxed fit jeans i have no idea what some of you guys are talking about not being able to fit a Galaxy S5 or alike sized phone into your pants...Unless your wearing skinny jeans then that's just LOL in itself.

In the end this what i learned though about myself...My phone is always in my hand and rarely in my pants. The only time it will be in my pants is usually when i am working out in the field. Other than that the thing is always in my hands or on a desk.

16. zonkie macrumors newbie

Go see if there were similar complaints to the Note 3.
    I'm getting the 6+ to replace my 5 and ipad mini.

17. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

It IS too big, does look ridiculous, doesn't fit into (some people's) pockets easily and requires a purse or man purse. And I can't wait to get mine! :p

If I trade for a 6, I trade for a 6. I had an iPad AIR that was very nice but for some reason the print on the display looked grainy to me and touched off my stupid migraines when I tried to read on it for any length of time. So I exchanged it for a Retina Mini after trying my husband's and finding the mini's display didn't have the same negative effect on me.

No big deal...I get the device that best meets my needs and makes me the happiest using it. Sometimes I don't know what that device is until I've worked with it for a few days. If it turns out the 6Plus isn't right for me, I'll return it and not come back here spouting bitter drivel to ruin everyone else's enjoyment or interest in the device. It will always be a valid choice for many people.

18. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I have the HTC One Max and its 5.9" and I LOVE It! Bought it because I wasnt going to keep buying the Apples regurgitated 4" phones, and I wanted a larger screen. So I bailed on the 5, the 5S and 5C.

The 5.5" is going to seem small to me, and I cant wait! Even though Ill wait a little longer than anticipated.

Looking forward to the 6 plus and coming back to Apple!

I Cant wait!

19. averlus macrumors regular

20. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Not meaning to drag us too far off topic but how do you keep such a large device on you? I'd love to continue keeping my iPhone "on" me because I use it constantly, especially to snap photos I'd miss if I kept the device in a purse or bag all the time. You've bring a very interesting perspective to this forum since you're already used to a large phone.

21. meagain macrumors 68030

6+ is significantly larger than the Galaxy

22. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

'Look mommy. I'm a big boy with a big boy phone. Its so big."

BROWNCHICKENBROWNCOW

23. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

im not comparing the two, i am going by what the general opinion was of people here for years moving up to a larger screen. The galaxy S4/S5 along with any other phone that size has been said to be un-pocketable here which is comical.

24. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

You're a year too late, this forum was filled with those kinds of whiners till Apple decided to build the phone.

Apples history reveals hypocrisy runs rampant amongst the worshippers...:)

25. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Except I'm a female. :rolleyes: