CPU temperatures in iStat Menus?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ferencav, Apr 23, 2019.

1. ferencav macrumors member

Is there any method to get the CPU temperatures in iStat Menus? I can read the GPU and SSD temperature but not the temperatures of the CPU cores. I have downloaded the iStat Menus from the website and bought a license, so i'm running the fully functional version (instead of the limited App store version).

Intel Power Gadget works fine but you can't integrate it in the menu bar. I'm familiar with TG Pro, but since I just bought iStat menus it would be nice to integrate it in this program.

2. cram501 macrumors regular

cram501

Make sure you have the CPU display enabled. Mine was on by default.

You should have your CPU's GPU and a whole list of other stats you can monitor. I'm using it with both a Macbook Pro and an iMac Pro.

Under the sensors section, make sure you have the CPU temps you want to monitor. It can be each individual core or the package as a whole.

3. Plx32 macrumors member

I think there is a problem with 2019 iMacs and iStat Menus since the only sensor available is the SSD temp.

A lot of sensors are not available including CPU temparatures, power...

And that is with a fully functional version of the app and Intel Power Gadget installed (that allows only to show the CPU frequency in the menu).

Maybe an update is needed for iStat Menus regarding 2019 iMacs ?

4. gilby101 macrumors regular

iStat Menus has always required an update for new Macs. Patience...

Alternatively run HWMonitor which is included in this package https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/. Just extract the HWMonitor.app (ignoring the Hackintosh kexts) and run it. I am sure that some sensors are not correctly identified, but most of it looks right.

5. ferencav thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your replies. The sensors are indeed not available on my iMac 2019. See screenshot below. I have already contacted the Bjango (developer of iStat) but haven't heard from them yet. I will look into HWMonitor but since I've bought iStat I prefer to use this program.

Attached Files:

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 601

SaSaSushi

It took a few weeks, if my memory serves, for the 2017 iMac support to be added to iStat Menus after it was released. I'm sure an update is forthcoming.

7. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I am looking to where I can find CPU Temperature on my MacBook Pro. Can someone help out please? I did not see it in Activity Monitor