CPW - now preordering for delivery on the 11th online...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badgerman, Jul 7, 2008.

1. DJPaul macrumors newbie

2. sara123456 macrumors member

CPW says you get 800 mins 500 texts for £35 a month and O2 says 600 mins and 500 texts for £35 a month :confused: I think I will have the 800mins thanks :D

3. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL - true but if you click on the more tariff details you get;

Online 35

18 months

£35 a month
    600 mins and 500 texts

Tariff details

*600 UK minutes and 500 UK texts each month
    *Unlimited data and Wi-Fi (worth £15 a month)
    *Unlimited visual voicemail
    *Cheaper roaming rates with International Traveller Service (ITS)
    *Free itemised online billing

Inclusive minutes
    Inclusive minutes can be used for calls to standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03) and all UK network mobiles. It excludes calls to non-geographic numbers (starting 05, 08), 07744 and 07755 numbers and premium rate (09) numbers. Please note that from 30th September 2008 the numbers that form part of your inclusive minutes allowance will change.

Inclusive texts
    Your inclusive text allowance can be used for UK text or roaming messages. 1 text message sent from abroad is equivalent to 4 text messages.

Data and Wi-Fi
    Data usage whilst roaming not included. Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 9,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud and BT Openzone. Excessive usage policy applies.

4. arcsbite Guest

5. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Probably means they've sold out of the initial batch.

I presume unlike O2 CPW run a proper ordering system, so you can still order when it's out of stock and they'll ship when they get some.

6. DJPaul macrumors newbie

Ditto - hopefully that just displays because it's pre-order (e.g. none are available *right now*)

7. sara123456 macrumors member

I did see that but you would think big companies like this would be able to get little things like that right. If they can't even update there site right god knows what there going to be like having a 18 month contract with :D

8. arcsbite Guest

I'm guessing no 11/7 delivery for the 16gb then

9. MojoWill macrumors 6502

o2 are also doing pre-orders, good luck with CPW they are a bunch of cowboys!

10. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Errm, so are O2.

11. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

I had the same thing and then my confirmation e-mail came thru saying I had indeed ordered it ..

Have phoned them up and someone actually went to talk to someone about how to answer me! lol ..

Apparently because it's not been launched yet it is showing up as out of stock .. time till tell *grin* ..

I have had the confirmation email tho and the chap on the phone confirmed that it would be at my local store ready for pick-up on Friday ..

Chose to get it sent to the store so I don't need to rely on the delivery thing!

The waiting is almost over ................... maybe?!

Loopy

12. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Well I succesfully ordered my 16GB from CPW when it said in stock and got my order acknowledged, but now I've got an e-mail saying it's out of stock. But is this just because it's a pre-order anyway?

Unfortunately, the item you ordered is temporarily out of stock. We do make every effort to ensure that only items that are in stock appear on the website, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Pre Orders and Back Orders:

If you knowingly placed a Pre Order or Back Order on carphonewarehouse.com, then you do not need to take any action. We will despatch your order as soon as it's available. We will also e-mail you when the goods leave the warehouse.

So how do I know if I can expect mine on Friday or not? Anyone order from CPW and not get an out-of-stock e-mail?

13. twynne macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping as this is a 'pre-order' we're ok and the order will go through. I'm on hold with them now anyway (as my address on the confirmation email is slightly wrong!) Will post the outcome shortly. :rolleyes:

14. AlexHaden macrumors newbie

When i added to basket it was showing as in stock with a green tick, but when i had completed and paid it showed as out of stock.

I have had the email saying they have my order, but nothing saying that its out of stock or on back order....

Keep my fingers crossed for friday, otherwise i'll give up and go with the TYTNII

15. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

ditto

16. twynne macrumors 6502a

Good news - that email is normal for 'preorder' items. They have accepted the order and will confirm by email when they despatch them. Fingers crossed now for a Friday delivery! :D

17. DJPaul macrumors newbie

I got one too.. guess wait and see if we get any furhter emails later

18. Loopy65 macrumors 6502a

Loopy65

Well I did the phone check-up thing and the man on the phone was really nice!!! .. yes, it's totally normal to have the email and my iphone will be ready for pick-up in my local store on Friday ..

again tho ... time will tell!!

still not gonna hold my breath .. people die doing that!

Loopy:eek:

PS sorry just saw someone else had given this info!

19. AlexHaden macrumors newbie

Just got my out of stock email as well.

=/

Did anyone else see the green ticks that have now vanished or was i seeing things??

20. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Thats gotta be a miss print, but good for you.

21. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Pretty sure that I saw the green ticks when I ordered (11:53), certainly didn't see the red crosses that were there once I'd submitted my order. Just hope it didn't change while I was trying to fill in all my credit check details (more haste, less speed...)

22. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Do CPW buy you out of existing contracts?

AppleMatt

23. Anteros macrumors member

Is there any disadvantages of ordering with cpw vs O2? Is my contract with cpw or O2, do i just deal with o2 once the phone is ordered and delivered? Also wondering what happens if I want to upgrade to a new iphone a year later.

24. twynne macrumors 6502a

Though I've no personal experience ordering via CPW, this was discussed elsewhere on the forum and everyone confirmed it's exactly the same - your contract is with O2.