Crooked / Slanted text on iPhone 6 back cover

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prokrastinator, Sep 19, 2014.

1. prokrastinator macrumors newbie

Got my iPhone 6 today, and noticed this right away when I turned the phone around. The text is crooked / slanted. Anyone else have this issue?

Attached Files:

2. bobright macrumors 601

3. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

4. Sonmi451 Suspended

I think it's more special. Like a limited edition crooked text model.

I don't think it would bother me, but you have every right to request a new one.

5. WilliamG macrumors G3

I've never seen this one happen before, and yes, it would probably bother me, too. :)

6. cdesigns macrumors 6502

thas one of a kind, keep it, its just like a hundred dollar bill, misprinted lol.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

It will be a collectors edition. Like those crooked stamps.

8. prokrastinator thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't tell if you guys are being serious about it being "collector's item" haha

I'm still on the fence on whether to take it back to Apple and get replacement.

9. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I know what you mean, it seems like something so trivial to complain about. Maybe just hang onto it a little longer and if you notice any other issues then you can exchange it.

10. yeppun1 macrumors newbie

i'm OCD about that kind of stuff, so it would DEF bother me.

11. james92se macrumors 6502a

I had this EXACT issue on my iPhone 5. It really bugged me for a week or two. I was very irritated by it and actually was planning to exchange it when the crowds died down.

After those first couple of weeks though, I have honestly completely forgotten about it until now when I saw your picture, and I had that phone for two years and over a complete year of that was case-free.

So in hindsight I would say it's not that big of a deal. :cool:

12. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

13. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Same here. Doesn't bother me too much but it's definitely odd

Attached Files:

14. PerfectxFlaw macrumors newbie

Steve Job's ghost is very angry... expect the Job's mansion to report the sound of footsteps, slamming doors, and flickering lights tonight. His spirit yearns in pain because of this poor build quality.

If this was a Samsung phone, people would be all over it saying Apple would never let this happen.

Honestly, just put a damn case on it before it breaks anyway. Who cares as these devices were designed assuming you would be putting a case on it, I mean look at the camera lens.. the phone looks like the profile of Pinnochio.

15. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

If everything else is perfect, ie no screen issues or loose buttons, then I would keep it for sure. You never know what issues your replacement(s) might have and crooked text on the back is nothing compared to the faults you could end up having to deal with.

16. dmk1974 macrumors 68020

dmk1974

Oh man, I just checked the back of my iPhone 6 and it's totally crooked too. This photo actually makes it look better than it is to the naked eye.

Attached Files:

17. Sean76 macrumors 6502a

Sean76

Same as me basically, much worse in person than in pics. I have a clear case on it and must say it bothers me. It just cheapens the look of the phone.

For the exception of a tiny scratch in the stem of the apple on back, and of course the slanted text on the rear of the phone I have no other issues, which honestly gives me a stomach ache because I know how this whole replacmemt game goes with apple.

You replace one iphone with an issue, to only end up with another one that has a dead pixel, faulty home button etc. I'm going to wait a week and see how I feel then.

18. Rockies macrumors 6502

Thanks I almost broke my screen. (Bug)

19. trs23 macrumors member

My text is crooked as well!

UGH, just noticed it.

20. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Hadn't noticed but yes it's crooked. Already forgot. Moving on.

21. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Never thought I'd say this but... CROOKED TEXT-GATE!

22. adgjqetuo macrumors member

Just looked at mine and it isn't fully straight either - never noticed before reading this thread - thanks a lot! lol

23. Souskei macrumors member

24. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

My original 5S had crooked text on the back and I kinda thought it was fun, funky and unique. I was actually sorry to have it replace for another reason.

25. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Some of us are still waiting for our phones to arrive after preordering early, so I do envy you having your phone in hand. With light leakage and dead pixels and dust under the screen and battery glitches and bending and yellow screens to be on the lookout for, I'd be thrilled if the only flaw on my iPhone is some crooked little text nobody will really ever notice unless they're looking for it. I myself will never see it even if I go without a case because I'll be too busy ogling that spectacular big screen. Don't get me wrong, I'm OCD about a lot of things; I understand why it bothers you and understand you feel it makes the phone look cheap. It's just that it seems really wasteful and risky to me to return an otherwise perfectly functioning and nicely crafted phone over something so hard to notice for most people.

Edit: I just noticed your screen name. I bet you never get around to returning it anyway!