Cutting in line at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BoricuaHec01, Sep 17, 2014.

1. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

So a few friends of mine are going to the Apple Store at 12pm tomorrow hoping to be first. I don't get off work and school until 8pm. I was originally going to Verizon by my house by obviously I'll have a greater chance on getting what I want at the source.

My friends want me to meet them after I get off so it'll be around 9pm. Can I cut in line and wait with them if I get there late and there's a hundred people behind? Will people be butt hurt and start yelling or is this normal during this event?

2. satchow macrumors 6502

3. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

While I don't agree with the practise, it is very common for people to cut in line. My local store has a few (mainly Asian) guys lined up at every launch which swells to a couple dozen uncles and cousins magically.

4. mojito macrumors member

"Can" you? Yes. MIGHT you get **** for it or even booted to the back of the line, yes. It really depends on the people around you, how far into the line they are, and whatnot... hard to say. Give it a go and hope for the best.

5. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

Is it the right thing to do? No..... Will people do it anyways? Yes..... You might get some people who will yell or want to fight you.. Just be prepared.

6. BoricuaHec01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I'll for sure feel bad and I would personally be annoyed if I seen someone do it. It's a heavy hipster and yuppie area so those type of people.

7. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I'd be pretty pissed, personally.

Put it this way - There will be people who have been there for hours and hours waiting in line. Then to see someone roll up and just cut right in line with their friends without having to wait at all? Yeah, you might get some serious shi* for this... depending on the type of people waiting in line haha

If there's one thing I know, it's to not push peoples' patience.

Why not just give one of your friends the money and have them buy the phone for you? I'm pretty sure it's 2 per customer so one of them should be able to grab one for you.

8. chiawen.yang macrumors member

Have your friends stand inline with a cardboard cutout of you until you get there. I don't think anyone can say anything if you cut in line that way.:cool:

9. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

I guess it depends on which side of Chicago you are on.

10. davefromca macrumors 6502

hahaha what do you mean "might." OP you may want to read some of the ofher threads a LOT of disgruntled pissed off people will be exercising their second amendment rights in these lines

In all seriuosness i would not be cool if i had been there for an hour and peoples "friends" started showing up and cutting in front of me.

----------

lmao hahahah

11. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

this is exactly why I refuse to wait in line. 5 hours to store opening your 50th in line. 30 minutes to store opening your 200th in life. F That.

12. wxnats macrumors 6502a

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Honestly, depending on the crowd, people might not notice. Most of the launches I have been to people were cool. last launch a couple went to jail.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I wouldn't do that. Imagine if everyone infront of you did that for their friends. Then when it came to get your phone in the morning there were no more.

And yes, depending on location and crowd, you could literally find yourself in a physical altercation. Not worth it imo.

15. BoricuaHec01 thread starter macrumors 6502

My friend has been doing this since the first iPhone and told me that people do it all the time. He mentioned last year for the 5S that one his buddy's came at 7:45am with no problem lol. I guess you to have a lot of balls cause I don't think I can do it. I'm just going to my local Verizon Store, I should be fine.

16. kcjohn macrumors member

kcjohn

This, no one likes line cutters, No One. Whether it be at an amusement park, traffic, movie theater and especially an iPhone launch. I wouldn't even think about it. For one it's wrong as hell, you might as well be giving the finger to everybody in line behind you. Put in the work, get there early like everybody else.

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It depends upon the disposition of the people behind you. I would say the longer the line, the more people toward the back might have a problem with you cutting and tipping off an employee.

Generally people like to be treated fairly you know.

18. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Not exactly fair. If you take the last Plus model, the person behind you would be pissed because you cut. Either have someone buy the phone for you or take the day off from work. Your choice.

19. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Ok, so then why are you asking here? Seems for your area you know the answer better than anyone else could possibly know...

20. Lasereyes macrumors member

You can do it. You'd just be a gigantic ***hole. How would you like if someone did that in front of you? If someone does that tomorrow when I'm lining up, im causing a scene.

21. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

the ipad 2 launch was pandemonium I almost knocked out a bunch of scalpers. line swelled right before launch all of a sudden im 200th in line and there are scalpers handing out giftcards paying people to buy ipad 2s. by the time I got in there the model I want was sold out and i see scalpers carrying 100s of bags of ipads through the mall. almost ended up in jail that day. I will wait at home don't care that its oct 1st to 6th.

22. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

If I saw it, I'd call it to the lines' attention and totally call you out. Tell the masses where to strike :)

Stores should have a no cutting policy so the line can police itself and people can't justify it.

23. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

you have the balls to even ask this question.

But seriously, this is how you get on the news. I wouldn't do it, hell nah.

24. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

If you were cutting me, I would seriously go up to you and tell you to back off! ! Just kidding , it really depends of the people in lime honestly. Good luck my friend :)

25. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

Will people get butt hurt? Why wouldn't they?

If they have waited for their spot, why shouldn't you? Everybody works, take off like everybody else there.