Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
How disappointing. First Pedro leaves for the Mets, and Damon goes to the Yankees?? Come on. What's the point of a huge rivalry when players will just sell out like that. I know, it's just baseball and there are much bigger things to care about, but Damon knows how much they love him in Boston, why on earth would he agree to go to NY? :/

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
eva01 said:
eh i played baseball for 14 years, and i never wanted to be on the yankees i would have rather been executed then play for them.

It can be arranged.

Attachments

• damon_275.jpg
    damon_275.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 63

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Ok so why aren't the Sox fans all up in arms that Manny is gonna leave and that Bill Mueller already left.

calyxman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
Yankees can spend all the money they want, but I don't think they'll win a championship next year.

Sox

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
The Rockstar is dead, long live the Rockstar. Thanks for that Grand Slam on October 20th, 2004. May your long flowing mane rest in peace.

And enjoy that extra couple million per, you vile turncoat.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
MacNut said:
Ok so why aren't the Sox fans all up in arms that Manny is gonna leave and that Bill Mueller already left.
Manny can't leave if nobody wants him. The few teams that would be willing to be pay him are east, and he's been rumored to want to move west. As for Bill, well, I'm a little sad to see him go. He's a good guy, and a good player. But he's starting to get on in years, and the Sox have some guys in the channel.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
Studawg7 said:
if you ever played baseball as a young boy and have been a big fan of baseball, youve always dreamed of playing for the yankees.

Never ever would I have dreamed of playing for the Spanks. Sorry played baseball for 14 years as well and always dreamed of playing for the Sox. If your in it for the money youd want to play for the Yanks but only that. I could really care less where Id be playing as long as I was playing pro ball.

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
Well hopefully the Yankee's can't buy the championship again this year. Every year they don't go to the series is a good year. I'm sorry if your a big fan of the yankees but I just gotta root for the underdog I was so happy when the Sox finally won.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
new curse to pick up where last one left off

the red sox won the series just this once, for our lifetime imho, and i know as long as the yankees have the money, they will continue the curse and buy off sox players (and others who are good from other teams) and beat the sox most of the time

the sox will be second fiddle to the yankees and if the sox do beat the yankees in the alcs, the yankees will simply buy off the key sox players the very next year, or even their coach and keep the sox in a subservient position

nothing was as great to see the sox go down three against the yankees only to charge back and take four in a row...that was more exciting than any world series i have ever seen

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
jefhatfield said:
nothing was as great to see the sox go down three against the yankees only to charge back and take four in a row...that was more exciting than any world series i have ever seen

That series was the best baseball that most of us will see in our lifetimes. And it ended great too!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Lord Blackadder said:
That series was the best baseball that most of us will see in our lifetimes. And it ended great too!

As an NYC resident, even I was delighted with that Sox comeback as King George had to swallow a bitter pill afterwards.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Bubbasteve said:
52 million to play for "the enemy".... I'd do it
That's an extra $3m/year. What the hell is he going to do with it?

A friend of mine at work has now switched from Yankees to the Dodgers because of this. He HATES Johnny, and loves Milton Bradley.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Counterfit said:

A friend of mine at work has now switched from Yankees to the Dodgers because of this. He HATES Johnny, and loves Milton Bradley.
Well I'm glad to see him go. Hes not a true Yankees fan anyways. And if you loves Milton so much, he should become an A's fan, cause that's where he is playin these days.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Counterfit said:

Milton Bradley was a Major League ****** when he played in Cleveland - I hope he's matured since then because he came off as really selfish and arrogant when he played here. And his numbers, while good, weren't all that.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
Lord Blackadder said:
Milton Bradley was a Major Leage ****** when he played in Cleveland - I hope he's matured since then because he came off as really selfish and arrogant when he played here. And his numbers, while good, weren't all that.

He hadn't matured enough for the Dodgers to keep him around. A lot of athletic talent, but a real head case. I wish the A's luck.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
MacNut said:

Because Manny isn't going to leave. It's the same thing every year. He will be here, and he will be putting up sick numbers once again.

Bill Meuller leaving really does bother me. He really is a great example of what a Sox player is. We'll miss him.

Anyone saying Damon is past his peak clearly did not watch him play last year. He is literally at the top of his game, and had his best season. I would say the best lead-off hitter in the game right now.

If he's gonna be a turn-coat, I guess I can't help but hate him now, at least for one season. (I really did love the guy). There's nothing left to do but laugh at the ridiculous haircut the Yankees are going to make him get.

Baron58

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2004
amholl said:
Damon to Yankees

Since I call Atlanta "home", I have to correct you: the correct phrase is "Damn Yankees". You need a spelling/grammar checker.

Oh...

You're talking about some guy I've never heard of who plays 'rounders' for a living? Never mind, then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.