Dark Steel Band Besides Link Bracelet to Go With Space Black SS?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by IphoneIssues, Jan 18, 2016.

1. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Couldn't find anything in a search, so I have to post this.

Any good dark steel bands, besides the replicas of the official black link bracelet that Apple released, that match the color of the Space Black?

I see a lot of options online, like http://www.amazon.com/Oittm-Stainle...sr=1-53&keywords=black+steel+band+apple+watch

are Space Grey, to sell to owners of the corresponding Sport watch.

Just wondering if anybody found one band that's as dark as the Space Black.

2. IphoneIssues thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I assume nobody knows. Ended up ordering a bracelet that seems darker than the Space Gray. Will Be here tomorrow or the day after.

3. IphoneIssues thread starter macrumors 65816

Got it today...2-3 hours of manipulation and I'm finally wearing the thing...

[​IMG]

Pin-removal tool breaks after removing 2 links...

[​IMG]

Had to go about it differently. Use the screwdriver to push the pin through and a hammer to provide the necessary force...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reinserted the pins like so:

[​IMG]

All in all, had to remove 4 links, because I don't like my bracelet watches sliding around wrist. Doesn't feel tight either. Screwdriver actually broke off in one of the links, and the broken piece inside of the link could not be forced through, so I had to force out one of the links that wasn't meant to be removable. The pins in about 3 of the links would not come all the way out...Was able to bend the pin-removal tool back into working-condition.The links with the adapters attached were actually upside down. It would've been easier to unscrew and re-assemble the adapters properly, but the links would've been upside down. It would've bothered me. All of this took about 2-3 hours. Ended up banging a couple of links up a bit, but it's not even noticeable. Just the sides of a few are a little scratched. Done.

Results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. nicho macrumors 68000

What's up with the pins in the 3rd results pic? Looks like it's about to fall apart. :/

5. mlovergaard macrumors 6502

mlovergaard

6. IphoneIssues thread starter macrumors 65816

That picture looks a lot worse than it was. I looked at the band after I took it, and one pin was slightly sticking out of the top. Knocked it in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dooku77 macrumors member

dooku77

My ocd kicked in when I looked at the pic of the misaligned links. That would drive me crazy. Nice color though.