Date Bug in iOS 11.1.2 Causing Crash Loop on iPhones as December 2 Hits [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 1, 2017.

1. RickInHouston macrumors 65816

How does data mining really effect you? Serious question.

I have been concerned for my wife's apple phone and this bug. But since she deosn't have the memory available to update to 11, she stays happily on 10.

2. Densematter, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017

Densematter macrumors newbie

Densematter

————
    Ok. I am filled with sadness to see that the “recommendation” from apple is to disable app notification for each app individually manually. Well I have more than 200 apps, and no I will not do it. The only reason this happened is that Apple is morphing into something that is microsofty, can anything be done. Do we need to peacefully protest.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 4, 2017 ---
    Interesting, I went through the 11.2 update list and didn’t find that this issue was addressed.
    A quick workaround though is to set the date to manual and anytime before DEC 2nd. Until the issue is resolved.

3. spooky23 macrumors 6502

spooky23

Ha! Bless 'em.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

The issue doesn't exist in iOS 11.2.

5. Jucas macrumors newbie

6. Densematter macrumors newbie

Densematter

I’ve just updated, reset the time to “now” and all seems well. IPhone 7 Plus.

7. ImAlwaysRight macrumors 6502a

ImAlwaysRight

Always in the right place at the right time
    My wife's iPhone 8 JUST started this crashing loop this morning (Dec 6). Fortunately, the 11.2 update is showing as available, so after changing the date back to November (which stopped the continual crashing) I'm installing the update as it sounds like 11.2 fixes the problem.

8. AgentAnonymous macrumors regular

AgentAnonymous

1) Product quality is often a function of having a diverse team. A monolithic team is at a competitive disdvantage specially in the interconnected age we live in.

2) Even if that weren't so having a diverse team doesn't magically lower the quality of any products.
    What about muh facial recognition that is 2 years ahead of every other company making phones on the planet? Are you going to blame that on diversity too or does that not fit your reactionary agenda? The Note 8 still uses a primitive iris scanner it's not even close.

9. ljjycss, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017

ljjycss macrumors member

ljjycss

Diverse on ideas, not necessarily races or genders. I have been in engineering program for more than 5 years. The majority of student body are whites and Asians. For grad school, you have fewer native students than international. The number of female engineering student is horrifyingly low when comparing to male students'. There are organizations trying to motivate more female, Africa American and Hispanic students into engineering program, but it's not working. Companies can't suddenly obtain diverse engineering teams, because there aren't enough woman students and minority students (other than Asian) to meet the demand.

I am an international student here in the U.S., coming from a less racially diverse country. Surprisingly, my country has a lot less race related problems. The difference is that we rarely bring up the topic of race. We treat other people simply as another human being, not an individual from certain race or ethnicity group. I believe that's how diversity should be. When applying for school or job, a person should be evaluated as a human first and foremost. Admission standards should be the same across all races and ethnicities.

In the end, races or genders only define physical aspect of a person. Mind is what distinguishes humans from animals. It is very silly for current diversity program to focus on physical differences.