Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has a few deals on both models of Apple's 16-inch MacBook Pro from 2019, starting at $2,099.99 for the 512GB model in silver, down from $2,399.00. This sale price will appear at the checkout screen after a $149.01 discount is automatically applied, and it's a match of the previous sale price we've seen consistently throughout 2020.

16-inch-MBP-300-Off-Feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can also get the higher-end model with 1TB for $2,499.00, down from $2,799.00. We have seen this model at a slightly cheaper price earlier this year, but the $2,499.00 price point is the most consistent sale that we've tracked over the past few months.

We've begun tracking the best monthly deals on all new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air notebooks in our new "Best Deals" guide. Be sure to visit the guide and bookmark it if you're on the hunt for a new Apple notebook; we'll be updating it weekly as we discover new MacBook offers across the web.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Discounts 16-Inch MacBook Pro Models, Starting at $2,099 for 512GB Model

Last edited:

Chris.J

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2010
This doesn't necessarily indicate incoming 16" ARM Macbooks. Although, can you imagine the disappointment if it was an Intel refresh!?

Reactions: EndersShadow

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
I don't see them spending time on an intel refresh during that keynote. If they are doing a intel refresh, that would be a press release type update I'd imagine.
I'm somewhat hoping for a Intel MBP16 refresh (because I need to run Windows programs for engineering work) and a AS only update for the MBP13... After all the transistion is expected to take 18-24 months - and many professionals need to run Windows (in a VM) on their Macs.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2017
If new ARM Macs are not 100% perfect (first gen issues), this kind of deal will become very interesting!

Reactions: arefbe

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2006
As the article says this is the normal discount that has been available intermittently throughout the year.

Verizon has had SIM cards since 2010. LTE is based on GSM therefore requires a SIM card wether physical or eSIM

New 16" ARM MacBook Pro is Coming!

Sounds like the last Intel 16" is on sale.

New Apple Silicon 16" Macbook Pro model coming next Tuesday?

This doesn't necessarily indicate incoming 16" ARM Macbooks. Although, can you imagine the disappointment if it was an Intel refresh!?

nquinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2020
I don't see them spending time on an intel refresh during that keynote. If they are doing a intel refresh, that would be a press release type update I'd imagine.
Agree, but it's possibly they simply quietly refresh the 16" with intel just before or after the keynote, and focus the keynote on the air/mbp/mac mini/etc ARM models only during the keynote.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Something isn't quite adding up for me with all these latest rumors...
  • Tim stated that there are still new Intel Macs in the pipeline during WWDC. We have not seen any yet, meaning that they are still to come.
  • There's the Boot Camp update that mentioned a 2020 16" MBP. Whether that is a new one, or a typo referring to the ones with the GPU update remains to be seen.
  • Rumors have always been that the lower-end models would be upgraded to Apple Silicon first, so the one about the 16" MBP getting Apple Silicon is a surprise. Could that have just been a misunderstanding? Maybe those models are getting updated, but they incorrectly assumed all of them would be Apple Silicon? Or perhaps they will have some models on both Apple Silicon and new Intel? I guess we will find out next week!
  • I don't think the price drop on Amazon necessarily means they are clearing inventory to make room for Apple Silicon ones. This has been a common sale price throughout 2020, as mentioned in the article. Also, if this were the case, wouldn't the other rumored models be discounted too?

nquinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2020
  • Tim stated that there are still new Intel Macs in the pipeline during WWDC. We have not seen any yet, meaning that they are still to come.
  • There's the Boot Camp update that mentioned a 2020 16" MBP. Whether that is a new one, or a typo referring to the ones with the GPU update remains to be seen.
  • Rumors have always been that the lower-end models would be upgraded to Apple Silicon first, so the one about the 16" MBP getting Apple Silicon is a surprise. Could that have just been a misunderstanding? Maybe those models are getting updated, but they incorrectly assumed all of them would be Apple Silicon? Or perhaps they will have some models on both Apple Silicon and new Intel? I guess we will find out next week!
  • I don't think the price drop on Amazon necessarily means they are clearing inventory to make room for Apple Silicon ones. This has been a common sale price throughout 2020, as mentioned in the article. Also, if this were the case, wouldn't the other rumored models be discounted too?
I think there's a strong chance Apple simply quietly updates (outside of the keynote) the 16" mbp w/ an intel chip. Unfortunately, it wouldn't even be Tiger Lake because intel doesn't have those 45w variants available yet.

Reactions: markiv810 and SDJim

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I think new Intel iMacs released after WWDC. That may have been the last Intel release. Anything else is surely going to be subject to the Osborne effect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.