Deals: Amazon Taking $400 Off 16-Inch MacBook Pro, Starting at New Low Price of $1,999.99 for 512GB

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon has introduced a new low price on Apple's 16-inch MacBook Pro today, including both 512GB and 1TB models. Starting with the 512GB model (2.6GHz 6-Core, 16GB RAM), you can get this notebook for $1,999.99, down from $2,399.00.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This $400 off sale is the new lowest price we've ever seen for this model of the 16-inch MacBook Pro. On Amazon, the retailer is taking $299 off automatically, and once you head to the checkout screen you'll see an additional $100 off your order.

Likewise, the 1TB model (2.3GHz 8-Core, 16GB RAM) has a new low price on Amazon today. You can get this notebook for $2,399.99, down from $2,799.00. Just like the 512GB version, you'll see the final price of this sale at the checkout screen, and it's available in both Silver and Space Gray.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Article Link: Deals: Amazon Taking $400 Off 16-Inch MacBook Pro, Starting at New Low Price of $1,999.99 for 512GB

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Making it tough for me not to take one last intel MBP before the Apple Silicon starts. Must... not.... buy.....
Why is people suddenly assuming an Intel Mac is not a good buy? I am not referring only to your comment but to several I have read in this forum.

I would even say an Intel Mac is a better option for professionals, specially Engineers and people in computational fields.

I am excited to see what the Arm Macs can bring in terms of battery life, efficiency and cross-compatibility with iOS, but I don’t think they will mop the floor with existing machines. Latest reading suggest they won’t even have dedicated graphics cards, all the processing power will come from a single SoC.

icanhazmac

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2018
Why is people suddenly assuming an Intel Mac is not a good buy? I am not referring only to your comment but to several I have read in this forum.
Why do people always twist other peoples words... exactly where in my post do I say that an Intel Mac is not a good buy?

First: I think an intel mac is a good buy, especially at that price, I never said it wasn't.
Second: I am on record in other threads defending buying intel macs now IF you have a need for bootcamp, the virtualizations or for software you don't think will make the transition.
Third: My post above clearly states that the sale is 'making it hard for me not to buy one now'. Why would I do that if I didn't think it was a good deal?

For the record: I planned on buying a 16" recently when my mbp came back from its 3rd butterfly keyboard replacement but then the ARM announcement happened and it was made clear the transition would be happening faster than I thought it would so I decided to try and make my 2017 last until I can buy an ARM.

Last edited:

TravelsInBlue

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2020
Tempting... but the new MacBooks just seem like too much of a downgrade with the lack of I/O, screen, and reliability issues.

dmylrea

macrumors 68030
Sep 27, 2005
For the record: I planned on buying a 16" recently when my mbp came back from its 3rd butterfly keyboard replacement but then the ARM announcement happened and it was made clear the transition would be happening faster than I thought it would so I decided to try and make my 2017 last until I can buy an ARM.
Those that buy the first Apple Silicon-based Macs will be providing beta testing services for Apple. It will be a year (or two) of working out bugs and getting features and stability to a level that Intel macOS has. So if anyone thinks their new 1st gen Apple Silicon MBP will be a solid machine, I have a bridge to sell you! I'd stick with intel-based for now and let others do the beta testing on their own dimes.

jerryk

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area

I would even say an Intel Mac is a better option for professionals, specially Engineers and people in computational fields.

I am excited to see what the Arm Macs can bring in terms of battery life, efficiency and cross-compatibility with iOS, but I don’t think they will mop the floor with existing machines. Latest reading suggest they won’t even have dedicated graphics cards, all the processing power will come from a single SoC.
Apple and other companies are fed up with Intel missing their own timelines for product performance. But, unlike other companies Apple can do something about it. And Apple knows they cannot release a replacement Apple Silicon MBP flagship that does not handily exceed the performance of the current 16".

And having a separately packaged dedicated graphics card is not necessarily an advantage. It means taking data and shipping it on some sort of bus to the generic GPU for display. It would be better to have it in an integrated package where data transfers paths are shorter and quicker.

Reactions: Nightfury326

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Why do people always twist other peoples words... exactly where in my post do I say that an Intel Mac is not a good buy?

First: I think an intel mac is a good buy, especially at that price, I never said it wasn't.
Second: I am on record in other threads defending buying intel macs now IF you have a need for bootcamp, the virtualizations or for software you don't think will make the transition.
Third: My post above clearly states that the sale is 'making it hard for me not to buy one now'. Why would I do that if I didn't think it was a good deal?

Ok, but breathe man.

Konigi

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2017
Montréal, Québec
For US residents only...

So how does it work for iPhone users elsewhere? I have a 6s with a battery that sucks. Can I repair it for cheap?

HiVolt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Biggest question IMO about the transition to ARM, is how long they will support Intel Macs with future OS releases. I think it will have to be a while, given that they just released the Mac Pro last year. They wouldn't want to alienate those people they've alienated before with the Trash Can.

Substance90

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
It's a real shame I couldn't get rid of mine before they started heavily discounting this piece of crap. The guy over at Apple support wouldn't take a return outside of my 14 day return window and was acting like there isn't any known issue with fan noise with this model. What a joke.

I use Macs exclusively since 2010 and this is by far the worst Macbook they've ever made.

TravelsInBlue

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2020
Apple and other companies are fed up with Intel missing their own timelines for product performance. But, unlike other companies Apple can do something about it. And Apple knows they cannot release a replacement Apple Silicon MBP flagship that does not handily exceed the performance of the current 16".
Intels missed deadlines are last on the list of problems with this generation of MacBooks starting in 2016. Intel isn’t at fault for the lack of reliability, quality controls, thermal design, and up to finally this model, the keyboard.

Azrael9

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2020
£1999 is about where the 16 inch Macbook Pro should be.

Not being able to buy anything other than a 13 inch upto £2k is outrageous.

Azrael.

Return Zero

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
It's a real shame I couldn't get rid of mine before they started heavily discounting this piece of crap. The guy over at Apple support wouldn't take a return outside of my 14 day return window and was acting like there isn't any known issue with fan noise with this model. What a joke.

I use Macs exclusively since 2010 and this is by far the worst Macbook they've ever made.
I've used Macs exclusively since 1995. This is right up there with the best of them (IMHO). I am not experiencing any of the problems in that thread. It may be a quality control issue, sure, but that doesn't make this "by far the worst Macbook they've ever made".

Reactions: ryannel2003

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
These unprecedented deep discounts might be a reflection of what's going on behind the scenes — people aren't buying cuz of the ARM announcement
I think this may have a lot to do with it.

I need a new laptop for work so I don't have much choice but to get an Intel MB Pro now. Since work is paying for it I don't care, but I'd likely wait to see how the first ARM Macs are like if I was spending my own money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.