Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon and B&H Photo are discounting the M1 13-inch MacBook Pro (512GB) to $1,399.00, down from $1,499.00. This $100 sale is the best price that we've ever tracked for this version of the 13-inch MacBook Pro, and as of today it's only available on Amazon and B&H Photo.

100-off-m1-macbook-pro.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple launched the 13-inch MacBook Pro with the M1 chip in November 2020, and the new M1 chips bring significant speed and efficiency improvements. The M1 MacBook Pro features a Magic Keyboard with a refined scissor mechanism that's more reliable than the previous butterfly mechanism. There's a Touch Bar at the top with touch-based controls and a Touch ID fingerprint sensor that can be used to unlock the Mac, make purchases, and more.

The 256GB M1 MacBook Pro is also on sale on Amazon, priced at $1,224.99, down from $1,299.00. This isn't quite the lowest price we've ever seen for this model, which has gone as low as $100 off the original price, but it is among the best online right now.

You can find the best monthly deals on all new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air notebooks in our new "Best Deals" guide. Be sure to visit the guide and bookmark it if you're on the hunt for a new Apple notebook; we'll be updating it weekly as we discover new MacBook offers across the web.

Article Link: Deals: M1 13-Inch MacBook Pro Marked Down by $100 at Amazon and B&H Photo

Reactions: Moi Ici

velocityg4

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Still too expensive in my opinion. As they've knocked so much off on a recent model. Even though laptops in general are still in fairly short supply. I guess a lot of other people must have though so too.

That's a lot of money to pay for 8GB RAM. The entry model Macbook Air is forgivable. But the MBP M1 is really just a MBA with a touchbar, brighter screen, slightly bigger battery and a fan. That's a lot of extra money for marginal upgrades. Especially since the MBA already has excellent battery life and a superb display.

Comment

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
Is it worth upgrading a 2018 512gb MBP with a fairly new battery (the one with four ports) to this?

Comment

applicious84

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2020
Is it worth upgrading a 2018 512gb MBP with a fairly new battery (the one with four ports) to this?
Def not. They'll be updating the 4 port MBP soon too. Depending on what you're doing, it could still be worth the wait.

This is for the forthcoming 14" MBP:
Do you use non-Apple software like Adobe? Don't upgrade.
Does your laptop do everything you do well right now? Don't upgrade.
Will you want a firstish gen 14/16 in laptop with more ports and function keys. Consider upgrading.
Do you heavily rely on demanding Mac apps or much better battery life. Consider upgrading.

With a computer as new as yours, it might still make sense to wait until the next gen MBP to upgrade. Also, I'd guess that you have all the port issues taken care of by now, so the return of certain ports might not make much of a diff.

But then, if financial considerations (and the environment--like if you have someone to give it to rather than have them buy a new comp) are not too much of an issue, and stuff like the function keys and battery really make a difference for work or something, then it might not be the worst idea.

Comment

JohnnyApple$eed

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2015
Anyone can get the Education Discount on nearly all Apple Products without verification. I called Apple and they willing allow anyone to use the Education portal right now. The Apple sales rep even suggested it. For the M1 MBP and MBA, you’ll save a $100.

Comment

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68030
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
When demand was high I went with the 50 dollar off offer back in December. Probably should have waited, oh well, it would have just been an extra 50. But, thanks for the heads up, because I certainly won’t fall for it with the M series based 32 inch iMac.

Reactions: Rochy Bay
Comment

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Let me know when the "Base" M1 Air gets to $799 USD, precisely where Cook & Co. should have priced it initially !

The rest of it is just Marketing Spin !

The base MBA outperforms a $3000 16“ MBP. Even at $999, it’s the bargain of the century!

Comment

mi7chy

Suspended
Oct 24, 2014
Desperately needs new form factor, lighter weight, touch and pen input, magsafe, better webcam, etc. Until then I went with the Surface Pro X since it has all those missing features and transforms from 1.7# tablet to 2.3# hybrid laptop with keyboard/pen cover.

Comment

Rochy Bay

Suspended
Apr 5, 2016
Cupertino, CA

Amazon and B&H Photo are discounting the M1 13-inch MacBook Pro (512GB) to $1,399.00, down from $1,499.00. This $100 sale is the best price that we've ever tracked for this version of the 13-inch MacBook Pro, and as of today it's only available on Amazon and B&H Photo.

100-off-m1-macbook-pro.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple launched the 13-inch MacBook Pro with the M1 chip in November 2020, and the new M1 chips bring significant speed and efficiency improvements. The M1 MacBook Pro features a Magic Keyboard with a refined scissor mechanism that's more reliable than the previous butterfly mechanism. There's a Touch Bar at the top with touch-based controls and a Touch ID fingerprint sensor that can be used to unlock the Mac, make purchases, and more.

The 256GB M1 MacBook Pro is also on sale on Amazon, priced at $1,224.99, down from $1,299.00. This isn't quite the lowest price we've ever seen for this model, which has gone as low as $100 off the original price, but it is among the best online right now.

You can find the best monthly deals on all new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air notebooks in our new "Best Deals" guide. Be sure to visit the guide and bookmark it if you're on the hunt for a new Apple notebook; we'll be updating it weekly as we discover new MacBook offers across the web.

Article Link: Deals: M1 13-Inch MacBook Pro Marked Down by $100 at Amazon and B&H Photo
Wait a few more months. These models can’t be trusted. Clearly they will be cheaper soon.

• Disagree
Reactions: diandi
Comment

robjulo

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2010
I'm holding off for the rumored 14 inch. I came close to buying a couple of times and held off. The current models seem like a stop-gap.

Reactions: bklement
Comment

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
I'm holding off for the rumored 14 inch. I came close to buying a couple of times and held off. The current models seem like a stop-gap.
I was thinking about getting a M1 Mini but after reading about BT and other issues, I will wait for the next round of laptops and iMacs.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.