Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Kojima Productions and 505 Games today announced that Death Stranding Director's Cut will be launching on select Apple devices on Tuesday, January 30. The popular game will be available on the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max with the A17 Pro chip, along with all iPad and Mac models equipped with M-series chips.

Death-Stranding.jpg

The game can be pre-ordered now on the App Store for a discounted price of $19.99 in the U.S. for a limited time. Regular pricing will be $39.99.

Directed by Hideo Kojima, and starring Norman Reedus of The Walking Dead fame, Death Stranding Director's Cut is a post-apocalyptic open world adventure game that tasks players with exploring and completing missions in a fictional sci-fi wasteland. The game was first released for the PlayStation 5 in 2021, and for Windows in 2022.

Both the A17 Pro chip for iPhone 15 Pro models and the M3 chip for Macs support hardware-accelerated ray tracing and mesh shading for improved graphics rendering, including more accurate lighting, reflections, and shadows.

Article Link: Death Stranding Director's Cut Launching on iPhone 15 Pro and Apple Silicon Macs on January 30

Last edited:

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
I haven't played a game since Marathon LOL. I'm getting this for my iMac M3 so I can experience the new capabilities and games. I still suck at games but I gotta have this one for the new hardware. Pre-ordered and can't wait to play this.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
"In related news, Apple are partnering with Peleton for a special visionOS version of this award winning walking simulator. It will allow players to use a treadmill to move forward in the game whist immersed in a Virtual Reality Spatial Computing environment. The sophisticated technology in the visionOS headset detects if the wearer is about to take a step and slowly activates the treadmill via a wifi connection. Apple advises signing up for AppleCare+ before using the integrated feature."

(I'm pulling your leg obviously)

Last edited:

pacmania1982

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Birmingham, UK
Curious what kind of performance we can expect on non-pro M-chips. I have MBA M2 and would like to try this game, but don't want to spend $20 on a crappy visual experience.
I have to admit, I'm rather impressed with Stray and GRID Legends on my M1 MacBook Air (7 GPU cores) and my M2 Mac mini (10 GPU cores). The visuals of both have amazed me. I hope that this is the same.

I'm not really a gamer - more a casual one. Would this be a decent game for me?

carrrrrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2010
PNW
I haven't played a game since Marathon LOL. I'm getting this for my iMac M3 so I can experience the new capabilities and games. I still suck at games but I gotta have this one for the new hardware. Pre-ordered and can't wait to play this.
Marathon! Whoa, just pulled memories of custom maps I’d build with hidden rooms w/ rocket launchers and shotguns haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.