Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
Marathon was INCREDIBLE in the day. I was so addicted.
I also. I sucked so bad though for almost a year I couldn't get past level to finish. Someone got me the patch to make me live again and again and never die. So finally finished it! lol

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

Apple Fan 2008

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2021
Florida, USA 🇺🇸
LET’S GOOOOOOOOO!
IMG_6674.png

• Haha
Reactions: amartinez1660

nli10@mac.com

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2007
It’s in the store for me
iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (5th generation)
and listed as works on this!

id not realised that it was any M chip iPad Pro from the article so this is quite cool. I’ve not played the updated version but did love the original. Shame I can’t port all my roads.

(and yeah - big fan of Pathways ITD and the Marathon series)

aloysiusfreeman

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2022
I have to admit, I'm rather impressed with Stray and GRID Legends on my M1 MacBook Air (7 GPU cores) and my M2 Mac mini (10 GPU cores). The visuals of both have amazed me. I hope that this is the same.

I'm not really a gamer - more a casual one. Would this be a decent game for me?
If walking across a post-apocalyptic USA delivering packages while encountering rain that rapidly ages your skin or ghosts made of oil and hovering from the air by an umbilical cord is something that catches your interest, then yes. A highly detailed game with a pretty wild story. If reviews of the iPad version is good then I'll likely get it.

Boeingfan

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2019
Australia
If walking across a post-apocalyptic USA delivering packages while encountering rain that rapidly ages your skin or ghosts made of oil and hovering from the air by an umbilical cord is something that catches your interest, then yes. A highly detailed game with a pretty wild story. If reviews of the iPad version is good then I'll likely get it.
Sounds like a day in the life of a UPS delivery driver 😁

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
replaying this game for a third time on PC atm, wouldnt mind being able to pickup progress occasionally from m1 mbp if they bring the compatibility to the steam listing

hotdogcowboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
I was looking forward to this one, but the app store won't let me purchase it. Says it can't complete the purchase due to lack of free disk space, even with 140gb free. Really dumb.

JensenKA

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2023
Absolutely loved this game, dumped almost 100 hours into it between the original release and the directors cut.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014

I know you plan on waiting but keep in mind the price probably won’t stay the same since this is preorder pricing.

Reactions: aloysiusfreeman

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Ok so my iPhone 14 Pro and iPad Air 4th gen isn’t compatible. So I’ll have to wait till I get my Vision Pro to try and purchase and download it

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
Marathon was INCREDIBLE in the day. I was so addicted.
Marathon made me upgrade from a pizza-box to a Quadra 630. Used to bring that and its 15" CRT monitor to friends' houses so we could have LAN parties. So much fun, and a moody, scary game to play in the house with all of the lights turned off.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
Death Stranding had some great graphics and interesting story points, but I found it, overall, to get stale fast. Just a constant errand boy going here and going there while Die-Hardman just rides you constantly about how you HAVE to do this because the country MUST be rebuilt, etc. All the while he talks to you in a condescending and manipulative manner and tone. Again, cool graphics and unique points like timefall, but gameplay itself was a snooze fest for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 68000/030

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Will try this out on my Mac and 15 Pro Max. Good to see more games coming to the Mac

DrRadon

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2008
I have to admit, I'm rather impressed with Stray and GRID Legends on my M1 MacBook Air (7 GPU cores) and my M2 Mac mini (10 GPU cores). The visuals of both have amazed me. I hope that this is the same.

I'm not really a gamer - more a casual one. Would this be a decent game for me?
Racing games are not a super popular genre, one of the original criticisms of death stranding was that it’s “to mundane” (you literally climb through a mountain wasteland delivering packages from a to b) so if you can endure racing games the core gameplay loop of this game won’t kill you either.

I found the game quiet hilarious at points, it also has a deeper feeling of connection and support that has been woven in quiet masterfully. The story is kojoma wiredness, don’t expect something as straight forward as the last of us for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.