Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
Fantastic and beautiful game. Really far out there and abstract but I absolutely love it. I haven't got a PS5 yet so I haven't tried out the Directors Cut but I hear there are some VR Missions type stuff in it (like MGS VR missions) so I definitely would love to check that out.

People that haven't played it yet worrying its to dark, don't worry to much about that because there is a lot going on in the game there are weird deliveries, funny moments, crazy bonkers moments, cool ass moments with the music and scenery blending together, and when you beat the game and you are just trying to do all the rest of deliveries it ends up being a very relaxing experience. Hopefully it is able to pull off at least PS4 quality on my M1, that seems to be about what I get out of RE Village and RE4.

nottorp

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2014
Romania
It's a great Kojima game. Which means, may be too weird for some people. Personally I enjoyed it a lot, possibly not only because of the weirdness but also because it was NOT shooter #24857 of Q1 of the year.

Game micro review aside, I wonder who this will sell to. Gamers have already bought and finished it either on consoles or later on the Windows port. And as a gamer who owns multiple platforms, I'm not going to buy a mac-only game on the app store when most multiplatform games have every PC platform available on Steam, all for a single price.

ShabbaRanks

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2013
Nope. I'm.not.spending money on games for iOS again until Apple start instituting a compatability layer for games so all the games ever made for iOS can be played. These chips are easily powerful enough and I still have games like Bioshock I can no longer play due to iOS changes.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I'm curious about this game and if it was on Steam, I'd buy it more quickly since I could play it on Steam Deck or Windows, if the Mac version didn't work out.

As this is a 3 year old version of a 5 year old game, I'm hoping that the performance is better than good. Of course, when it first arrives, it's not going to be as smooth as it should be.

I noticed that people on another web site were downgrading it, but I think that they were mostly doing it because it will be available on Mac now.

DB2k

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2007
so.. if I have this in Steam already for my Steamdeck - will I just be able to install it on my Mac or will the mac version be exclusive to the Mac App store?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
so.. if I have this in Steam already for my Steamdeck - will I just be able to install it on my Mac or will the mac version be exclusive to the Mac App store?
If this is a universal binary(I say this because I saw that it is, but can't verify), it will be exclusive to the mac app store.

Reactions: DB2k

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I have never been interested in this game, but I have a M3 Pro Macbook Pro and a Ryzen 5900, Nvidia 3090 gaming PC. I'd rather just pick it up cheaper on PC.
1706103354597.png

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
My partner enjoyed this game, and spent a lot of time on it, though she found it weird to be playing a walking simulator. I saw some of the cut scenes that were cool. Didn't have much desire to play it myself, though- very few games seem entertaining to me as an adult. I don't know if this is because games became so big and slow and open ended, or because I just grew out of them. I miss the days of the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis! 😅😅😅

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
My statement holds true...I played the PS4 version, never played the PS5 upgrade, although I did buy it if I recall correctly.
Aye you're right I was wrong, I didn't realise it had come out on the PS4 first.

santa

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2003
I began downloading it on my Mac 5 hours ago. It's blazing down at 894kb/sec. 18 GB of 79 so far.... Wake me when it's done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.