Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your white macbook show signs of discoloration?

• YES

Votes: 55 25.3%
  • NO

Votes: 162 74.7%

• Total voters

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
ummm.. this gave me 4 shoppers drug marts and a walmart...

I will assume that they are all iPods they selll.. since i cant see shopper drug mart selling Macbooks..

Like can i bring my macbook to shoppers and have them fix my yellowing for me?

hahahaah how do these resellers work?

purelithium

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Kingston, Canada
That's ALL it gave you? It didn't have a little "show next 10 resellers" link near the top of the list?

I had to go to the 61-70 results before a link to a reseller that MIGHT repair a laptop showed up. It was 80 km away.

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
sorry dude, i tried it again this morning, and i realized they are all ipod resellers, maybe about 10 stores werent which all turned out to be future shop, and the source (can they fix my macbook even if i didnt buy from them?), most of which were Shoppers, and walmart.. and one music store. I doubt Long and Mcquade will fix my macbook..

-teejay1100-

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
Yeah so i bought my Macbook not even a month ago...i think it was june 18th and its already showing signs of discoloration! i dont'use the trackpad, i use a mouse and its showing use when i haven't used it. Definitely going to take a trip to the apple store!

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
That's rather odd as they've now replaced the plastic which seem to be causing the problem. Good luck with your trip!

jprovince

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2008
Yes - Some Discoloration...

..but not as bad as some I've seen. I bought a "bestskinsever" skin for mine right out of the box a little over a year ago, but I'm still getting a bit of discoloration along the edges of the palm rest and on the trackpad. I clean my hands quite regularly and wipe my MacBook down with screen wipes or alcohol wipes on a pretty regular basis as well. Right now, I'm not sure if it's the skin or the laptop that is discolored. I guess I'll find out that day when I go to remove the skin.

It seems kinda silly to have to tote an external keyboard, mouse, etc. everywhere to keep it pristine. I wonder if the new aluminum MacBooks have similar issues with their finish. (My wife's black MacBook shows every smudge and fingerprint, so that's her tradeoff.) I still love my MacBook though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.