Delayed restart on 10.11.4

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by blackfang, Mar 29, 2016.

1. blackfang macrumors member

blackfang

Hi,
    I just installed fresh 10.11.4 on a old macbook pro 15" late 2007 with SSD. Works really well.
    My only issues is that when i press restart it is being delayed. The closing period when the circle that shows its closing its relatively short, but afterwards there is a black screen period that is like 15 seconds long until it restarts. I did a SMC reset, PRAM reset, Disk utility aid on drive.
    If i shut it down and turn it on it works like a charm, only at restart it has a 15 sec delay. Anybody knows why?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

When you select restart, do you have the option reopen windows when logging back in checked? If so, try untick it and see if that makes a positive impact.

3. blackfang thread starter macrumors member

blackfang

Hi, i have restarted with it that option unticked, nothing changes :(. I also tried bootcamp W7 32 bit, and if i select primary HDD bootcamp, if i restart, it works like a charm. Only in OS X the restart is delayed :(.

4. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

I suffered the same black screen delayed restart/startup after updating to 10.11.4. However, things went back to normal after a couple days. I figure the system needs a little time to optimize itself (system and fonts caches, etc.)

5. blackfang thread starter macrumors member

blackfang

I hope so as well :D