Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZeDog

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2016
Germany
I am patiently waiting for my MacBook Pro 15 inch 2016, 2.7GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD, 460 ...
Who else is waiting :)

Reactions: kp98077

FrightWait

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2016
Waiting for my 15-inch 2.9 Ghz / 16 GB / 1TB / Radeon Pro 460 to arrive between Dec 20 - 28

Funnily enough, they've charged me the full amount on my CC the minute I ordered. Strange.

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
MacBook Pro 15 inch 2016, 2.6GHz, 1TB SSD, 460 for me. I have all the adaptors I need for it. I'm just waiting for something to plug them into.

(edit - I'm getting 2.6, not 2.7 as I originally posted)

Last edited:

Chuzwuzzin

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
UK
MacBook Pro 15 inch 2016, 2.7GHz, 1TB SSD, 460 for me. I have all the adaptors I need for it. I'm just waiting for something to plug them into.
Ditto (same spec, 20-29 Dec), with the exception of the Gigabit LAN adaptor which is delayed.

I would be getting my MBP this week if I hadn't changed my mind about the CPU (upgraded to 2.7 from original order with 2.6). Never mind, something to look forward to over Xmas.
[doublepost=1480426567][/doublepost]
Can't you guys find them in store? I had a delivery date for end of November for my 15", but found it in an Apple Store. Quite a few have them (in the UK at least).
With the 460? Anyway, I'm not sure my work discount would apply in store.

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
My window when I ordered on 11/8 was 12/15-12/21 for delivery and 12/21 for store pickup. I chose store pickup so am stuck on 12/21. No movement, no change. My config is 15"/2.6/1tb/460 I would scrap this and go for the 15"/2.9/1tb/460 that's available in stores, but because of the way I have to order it I can't because it's not available online for in-store pickup until a date later than mine and my patience is about exhausted so I don't think I could wait longer. ;)

Cincyguy74

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2016
Indiana
15"/2.6/16/512/450 Scheduled Delivery Dec 14-20th. I was hoping it would be faster, but not looking likely. But at the same time, maybe they've worked some of the issues out of these later production models. (later as in a month into production with real world feedback/issues to go after).

So maybe we get a better quality machine?

Shadow Puppets

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2016
Ditto (same spec, 20-29 Dec), with the exception of the Gigabit LAN adaptor which is delayed.

I would be getting my MBP this week if I hadn't changed my mind about the CPU (upgraded to 2.7 from original order with 2.6). Never mind, something to look forward to over Xmas.

Yes, the Apple Stores are getting a small amount of stock of the bumped up 1TB, 2.9, 460 model.

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
Hey @ZeDog! Thanks for starting the thread.

I have the exact same delivery window (ordered on 11/14)
I ordered the base model and I upgraded the SSD to 512GB.
Was thinking of upgrading to the next model with 1TB but ill have to wait until January and I am getting impatient.

p8blr

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Wichita, KS
Ordered mine on Nov 12th with a Dec 21-27 window. 15in, Space Gray, 2.9GHz, 1TB, 460 gpu. I ordered some adapters, my usb A and card reader arrived, still waiting on the Ethernet adapter.
Here's to hoping that Apple's pushes an OS update by the time we get ours for to fix the graphics and bootcamp problems.;)

Edit: Canceled... :( After repeat visits to my local best buy I noticed some of the keys had started wearing out on the display models; they stopped clicking and were now spongy. Of course some dumb kids must have worn them out by pounding on them excessively, however, after seeing similar complaints on this forum, I'm out. Strangely enough, the 12in Macbooks that have been there for months (years?) felt fine. I wonder if Apple tightened the tolerance of this new keyboard so it's more susceptible to damage... Anyway, just my $0.02. Please don't flame me.

Last edited:

Keleko

macrumors 68000
Mar 26, 2008
Can't you guys find them in store? I had a delivery date for end of November for my 15", but found it in an Apple Store. Quite a few have them (in the UK at least).

None in my area have my configuration in stock. I don't think my preferred configuration would ever be in stock at a store. Plus, I'm getting it with an educational discount (one benefit of having kids in college).

I would have ordered the day it was released and gotten it sooner, but the delivery window then was during the week I was going to be out of town. I didn't want to have a delivery attempt fail while I was out of town. I had to wait for a later window.

FrankyDM

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2013
Brussels
Waiting for my 15-inch 2.9 Ghz / 16 GB / 1TB / Radeon Pro 460 to arrive between Dec 20 - 28

Funnily enough, they've charged me the full amount on my CC the minute I ordered. Strange.

Exactly same config here, ordered on Nov 13, scheduled for Dec 19-28.

Waited a few weeks after the keynote because I really wanted 32G or RAM and was disappointed. Then realised it's unlikely we'll see an updated model next year so, went ahead and ordered.

I was also determined to max out the SSD this time, since I'm constantly running against my current limit, losing lots of time transferring to external storage, but the price for going from 1TB to 2TB was just too much to swallow.

Haven't seen any movement yet, but that's to be expected: some folks who ordered end of October are just getting theirs.

Fireball Dragon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2012
Chigwell, England
Can't you guys find them in store? I had a delivery date for end of November for my 15", but found it in an Apple Store. Quite a few have them (in the UK at least)

Yeah, I got the 2.9 / 1TB /460 in store. They all have this model alongside the base ones.

zinterz

macrumors member
May 11, 2015
Drayton Bassett, UK
ZnpqiyW.png

I'm sitting patiently. I just wish I didn't deliberate before ordering! :(

FrightWait

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2016
Can't you guys find them in store? I had a delivery date for end of November for my 15", but found it in an Apple Store. Quite a few have them (in the UK at least)

Yeah, I got the 2.9 / 1TB /460 in store. They all have this model alongside the base ones.

Just letting you know guys. I was able to pick up to MacBook Pro 2.9 / 1TB / 460 in store today. No more waiting for me. Hopefully some of you guys move up the chain !

Last edited:

mctrials23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Ordered 13" with 16gb ram on 10th Nov and delivery window is 16th-22nd Dec. Hoping for that to be pushed forwards a week or so. Most people seem to be getting them a bit earlier than expected.

DanDilla

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
Lüneburg, Germany
Ordered 13" with 16gb ram on 10th Nov and delivery window is 16th-22nd Dec. Hoping for that to be pushed forwards a week or so. Most people seem to be getting them a bit earlier than expected.

Ordered 13"/3,1/16/512 at 8th Nov at a Reseller without any tracking, delivery window should be like yours.
Where does it get delivered to?

Would be very nice if you keep me updated if anything happens! :D

Reactions: I&myFirstMAC

mctrials23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Ordered 13"/3,1/16/512 at 8th Nov at a Reseller without any tracking, delivery window should be like yours.
Where does it get delivered to?

Would be very nice if you keep me updated if anything happens! :D

Mines getting delivered to my home in the UK. I'll post an update if I get any change in my order status early.

Reactions: I&myFirstMAC

DanDilla

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016
Lüneburg, Germany
Mines getting delivered to my home in the UK. I'll post an update if I get any change in my order status early.

Thanks, it's frustrating to not even get any infos, they just won't promise something what's out of their hands.

Mine is coming to Germany so I think it might ship not far from yours :)

zinterz

macrumors member
May 11, 2015
Drayton Bassett, UK
Nice to see a fellow brummie on here!

Ordered on 4th November, delivery window 14-20 Dec. Hoping for some movement by the end of the week.

If I had chosen home delivery then that would have been my window too. As I chose store pickup, it gave me 20th. I work close to the store so it's easier to collect on my lunch break than it is to have it delivered at home.

I too am hoping for movement before the end of the week but I'm not holding my breath. I was over-enthusiastic when it came to waiting for my Apple Watch last year and I was ultimately disappointed that it came on the day I was quoted... :p

Reactions: ZeDog
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.