Delivery date just changed from 9/19 in the last hour

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mb2008, Sep 18, 2014.

1. mb2008 macrumors regular

I ordered a gold 6+ 64g (ATT) last Friday from the Apple store app. Had to use a reservation email I received at 4:20 Central time. All week it showed scheduled delivery for 9/19 until an hour ago. Now estimated 9/22 - 9/25. I set it up to work from home tomorrow just for the phone, now I'm on hold to try to change my address because I'm in a seminar next week.

2. Anthony.L macrumors member

Really worth creating a whole new thread to tell us?! :rolleyes:

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Yup mine got pushed back to. BS. I ordered at 12:30am PST.

I'm probably going to camp it at Apple store now and just return this one when I get it.

4. appledude411 macrumors regular

makes sense, you ordered after i did yet you are getting your phone on launch day.

GG

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

thanks i was really curious to when you were getting your phone.

6. taedouni macrumors 65816

I'm pissed. I ordered at 12:40AM pst 128GB 6+ Verizon and it showed 9/19 all mother freaken week and now it shows available to ship 1-3 days...est 23-25th

7. davefromca macrumors 6502

LOL I gave on trying to make that point Tuesday. Now I just make sarcastic posts and joke posts...

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I love the smug posters giving this guy hell.....when if you had a launch day delivery and it changed last minute you would be just as pissed. Give the guy a break.

9. Anthony.L macrumors member

There has been 100 million posts and articles online the past week saying 6+ is in VERY LOW supply. Either set your expectations accordingly or order the regular 6.

10. appledude411 macrumors regular

or order when it got released yet still we get pushed back. makes sense.

11. cymolia macrumors 6502a

12. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I guess I'll take this time to say my device just arrived in Miami, whooo hooo

13. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

14. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

Threads are free

15. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Question for you guys where the date changed. Was your status on apples site "processing" or "preparing for shipment"? That really stinks. Sorry. I'd freak out too. Worth a call to Apple at least. Maybe get a free case or something.

16. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

ordered mine at launch, 10:10 am, until today, showed delivery on 9/19, now shows 9/22-9/24, not happy, called apple, got 2 leather cases ($90 value) for free. ho well, the weekend ant the palazzo in las vegas should be comforting enough ;-)

17. cforster macrumors 6502

That stinks! Sorry to hear that, very unfortunate.

To all those complaining about this guy/girl posting about this....thats crazy. I'm sure you'd be pretty upset if you were expecting your device on launch day and it didn't arrive!

To the OP, I'd call Apple and politely explain the situation. I'm sure they will do something to help make it right. I know technically they are not obligated to, but often times thats what sets Apple apart from the rest....I bet they offer you a free case or something.

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I feel for you, man.

I would totally rage if I had 9/19 all week and they bumped it back today. :mad:

:apple:

19. taedouni macrumors 65816

Difference is my order went through, I had 9/19 all week, paid full price, no credit decline, AND that I ordered it at 12:40AM (email delivery). Most people couldn't access the site until 2 hours after midnight. I ordered through their app.

My order WENT through and they didn't reserve my phone. I called them and they're sending me a free case, the guy said that they had no reason why it happened, he looked but couldn't find it. Apparently as I was on hold for Apple I got an email saying that Verizon was to blame (determining eligibility). I called Verizon and they said that there was no way that they were to blame because I paid full price for it. So once it checked my line for upgrade and I decide to pay full price that's it for Verizon's end.

I'm pissed yes, but no I'm not a child. I worked hard this week to make plans for Friday. Next week I'll be extremely busy and I'm paying with my hard earned money. Now Apple lied to me either the email or the customer service representative. I'll call them again to get to the bottom of this.

EDIT: I called them last night because my order kept bouncing between processing and preparing for shipment. The lady said that everything on the order was fine and that it would ship soon and that I'd get it tomorrow.

20. ctbaz macrumors member

did you ever get a UPS tracking number?

21. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Just got this from Apple about my delayed 6 Plus shipment.

------------------

We’ve been trying to confirm eligibiliy with Verizon for your iPhone order W228------. Unfortunately, your eligibility has not yet been confirmed. As a result, this order will not reach you by the anticipated delivery date.

We'll continue to seek authorization from Verizon. Once we receive confirmation of your eligibility, your order will ship within 1-3 days. You'll receive a Shipment Notification email when it leaves Apple.

If you’ve placed multiple orders with your carrier, or there has been a change in your account details, we may be unable to ship this order.

If you’d like to cancel your order, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

The Apple Online Store

--------------

I'm using an upgrade. Didn't they already confirmed eligibility when I first placed the order? I've checked my Verizon account and know for sure I qualify for the upgrade price. This is madness!:mad:

22. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

just got the same email

23. AlterZgo macrumors member

Just got the same email too. I checked w/ Verizon and they confirmed I'm eligible and there is nothing on their end that would prevent Apple from completing my order.

This is for two silver 128 GB iPhone 6 Pluses which I ordered directly through both of my upgrade eligible iPhones at about 1:15 AM PST when I was finally able to get thru.

24. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

25. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

my status was preparing for shipment, it had that since this past Sunday