delivery for pre orders in UK

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sweetice2007, Oct 17, 2007.

1. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

never pre ordered anything from apple before but i just placed an order on leopard - anyone know whether you get the item on the day like usa or is it ****** and slow here in the uk as usual??

how longs it take for a recipet to come through since i placed the order but havne had anything through yet

2. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

I've also ordered on-line. The email confirmation arrived within about an hour of ordering, and it says:

We estimate your order to be shipped on or before OCTOBER 26TH.
    We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address on or before .

This is not a mis-quote - the delivery date really is missing. USA orders seem to be specifically stating it will arrive on the 26th, but my order is less specific. I guess we get second class service in the UK from Apple!

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

4. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

i rang customer services they said they were gonna send it again but i still havent had anything :-(

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I didnt get one either so I called them and they said you don't get a confirmation email when you pay by credit or debit card. I told them that was bollocks because all the 1 million times I had bought from them before I got one. However I can see the order is pending via my account page so I said as long as it turns up on or around the 26th I wont kill anyone. :D

Regarding delivery. I got Tiger the day before it officially came out. I pre-ordered and it arrived a day early. Deliveries from Apple are usually pretty quick unless you get a dumbass driver that can't read and keep sending your stuff to x Street instead of x Road. My MacBook went to a house round the corner twice before it actually made it to my place. It only made it to my place after spending ages on the phone 'to the driver' :shock: directing him. CityLink should be called ****** link.

6. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

ive just recieved mine!!! YAY how excited am i! i wanted a leopard plush toy :-( the first 500 guests geta free tshirt :-( i want one ! did you get student disc on it?

7. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Yeah, that is bollocks, I preordered mine with a credit card, got the confirmation email within an hour.

8. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I totally agree, it is bollocks. I paid using a Maestro card and got my email with Web order Number on it within twenty minutes .. :)

9. djchristie macrumors member

djchristie

Same here, ordered mine mastercard and got confirmation email. My email is also missing a ship date:

We estimate your order to be shipped on or before OCTOBER 26TH.
    We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address on or before .

When I first read it I assumed it meant shipping on or before the same, but maybe not. Read on here somewhere yesterday that with Tiger you got it on release day if you pre-ordered quickly, if you left it a bit shipping got pushed back. Maybe I missed the cut off for release day delivery, or maybe that's rubbish and I'll get it on 26th anyway!

10. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone know if we get some kind of freebie? did anyone get a freeb with tiger? ive been a mac convert since january so i wasnt there at the release of tiger..

11. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

I have just been on apple chat and they say it will be shipped on the 26th. They could be bluffing, but it is unclear on the site and on the confirmation email.

12. Project macrumors 68020

Ill be picking mine up from the local Apple Store. I've lost all faith in buying online from Apple lol

13. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

ah right lol. i pre ordered it online since i rang the shop and they said theyve got too many pre orders already...duno how many they will get in stock id rather wait and it be secured :) im working all weekend anyway so i wont play with it prolly till monday..ok i lie

14. Exodemia macrumors regular

I've pre-ordered mine today along with buying iLife '08 and iWork '08. The confirmation e-mail arrived straight away for me. The woman I spoke to on the Apple Store chat said that Leopard would be shipped on the 26th but would not get to me until the Monday. I don't if she's right or not.

15. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

If you look on the website. It says pre order today, ships by 26th. Then underneath the choice options (single user or family pack) it says ready to ship on 26th. A bit confusing eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Just rang them about delivering to my work, and she said it would be shipped on the 26th and would arrive on the following Monday or Tuesday. Looks like I'm getting in the queue early at the Apple store.

Have to say this really sucks.

17. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

lol i would have thought the filter would have ****** out the word Bollocks:D

18. garethh macrumors regular

My previous experience of OS ordering in the UK...

Panther: I preordered it quite early but Apple used some really slow parcel post to deliver all the Panther-only orders so it took ages to arrive. There were lots of rather militant posts on here at the time about how bad Apple was to UK customers. It arrived about a week after the release.

Tiger: Preordered again. This time it was quicker but it still arrived on the Tuesday.

19. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Obviously not !! (LOL) ... ;)

20. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

My order is now saying shipped with a 5 day delivery, to be delivered by the 30th :eek::confused::mad:

21. Project macrumors 68020

I NEVER use Apple online for items I want on launch day. The best bet is to go to a retail store.

22. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

My nearest apple store is over 400 miles away :(

23. ascender macrumors 68000

What's the point in pre-ordering something like this the moment its announced and for them to not even bother shipping it on time? Mine is prepared for shipment so I can't cancel it unfortunately.

What now? Buy another one tomorrow and then return the Apple one? Or just download Leopard from somewhere dodgy in the knowledge of my copy turning up next week? Or be patient?

I know its not a big deal, but I've got a busy few weeks coming up and had planned to rebuild the machines tomorrow night as I can't go out anyway.

24. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i cancelled my play.com pre-order and pre-ordered from the uk apple store last night
    got my confirmatipon email within minutes and it clearly stated:

Estimated Shipping: 26 Oct, 2007
    Estimated Delivery: 29 Oct, 2007 - 30 Oct, 2007

25. candy macrumors newbie

Shipped!

Have been in a state of despair, as my order said it would ship on the 26th and I wanted to play with it over the weekend.

Just checked my order status again though, and it says it shipped yesterday (24th) at 10pm. Says it is with TNT 'in transit to customer' and on schedule to be delivered by the 26th! Will have to stay in all day tomorrow (not at work this week).