demi gods/godesses/contributors

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
ok, i think mr is great. i'd like to contribute, but wonder what you get.
is there more than access to a private forum? what goes on the demi's forum?
is there any type of trial?
thanks.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
All you get is access to the private forums, which mainly means access to - unbelievably enough - even more posts from mad jew and ~Shard~.

Edit: and, yes, access to an ad-free front page. I never go there, so I forgot. :eek:

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
max_altitude said:
It's hardly worth the $25. I don't think I'd bother signing up again.
I agree, especially at your age, just save your money. I went for it, but turns out there's really nothing going on there. Community Discussion is where its at!! ;) :D

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I hope you guys are kidding. I mainly contributed to contribute.
contribute |k?n?tribyo?t; -by?t| verb [ trans. ] give (something, esp. money) in order to help achieve or provide something : he contributed more than $500,000 to the center |

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Yeah, we don't have any fun in the private forums at all, and as a protest to demonstrate my unhappiness with this I have lowered my posts per day from 27 to 26.5. :cool:

Seriously, if you would like to give money to support the site, that's great, but perhaps give it some more thought and decide if it's really the best use of $25 for you at this point in time. Try the site out some more, be more active in the community discussions and so forth, and then decide for yourself - don't necessarily listen to us, we're all a bunch of kooks anyway... :p :D

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
~Shard~ said:
Yeah, we don't have any fun in the private forums at all, and as a protest to demonstrate my unhappiness with this I have lowered my posts per day from 27 to 26.5. :cool:

Seriously, if you would like to give money to support the site, that's great, but perhaps give it some more thought and decide if it's really the best use of $25 for you at this point in time. Try the site out some more, be more active in the community discussions and so forth, and then decide for yourself - don't necessarily listen to us, we're all a bunch of kooks anyway... :p :D
Heh, I was a newbie, the day after I joined the site - I joined the Demi's and I haven't regretted it since.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
amacgenius said:
Heh, I was a newbie, the day after I joined the site - I joined the Demi's and I haven't regretted it since.
Glad to hear it - arn doesn't like handing out refunds... :eek: ;) :D

Transeau said:
What about the secret downloa.... oh um.. nevermind
Shhhhhhhut up!!! Next thing you know you'll reveal how all contributors get free iPods... :eek:

Nah, don't worry, I couldn't be upset with a fellow BT fan... :cool:

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
i also heard people respect you more. after my phoenix os blunder thread, i could use that;)

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
~Shard~ said:
Glad to hear it - arn doesn't like handing out refunds... :eek: ;) :D

Shhhhhhhut up!!! Next thing you know you'll reveal how all contributors get free iPods... :eek:

Nah, don't worry, I couldn't be upset with a fellow BT fan... :cool:

Funny - I just got a free 40GB iPod yesterday.. Seriously.. :p (Sister-in-law was stupid, broke it, bought a new one, gave me the bad one... quick reformat and I upgrade from 20GB to 40GB)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Democrat622 said:
i also heard people respect you more. after my phoenix os blunder thread, i could use that;)
Note that they also expect you to know more. So you get plenty of respect, until you're wrong. :D

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
Democrat622 said:

If anything I got less respect after my demi-title has been put under.

it's all "KT you're a dork" and "KT stop being such a dork"

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
katie ta achoo said:
If anything I got less respect after my demi-title has been put under.

it's all "KT you're a dork" and "KT stop being such a dork"
yeah, you're right, sorry for all that... I was always the bully :eek: ;) :D

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
vniow said:
I only joined because I heard that there were way more shirtless pics of various members in the Private forums.
Were you saddened or happy to learn that they were all of mad jew? ;)