Desmay Slight 5 Order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MultiMediaWill, Sep 28, 2012.

1. MultiMediaWill, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

As many of you guys know, the Desmay Slight 5 cases went on sale today. I was able to order today before they went out of stock. Anyone else place an order? Any have any experience with this case for the iPhone 4 or 4s? What are your thoughts?

http://www.desmay.com/collections/frontpage/products/slight-5-for-iphone-5

EDIT: Here is my review:
    So I just got my Desmay Slight 5 case today in the mail. I ordered a black transparent and I receive a black opaque model :mad:. The case came preloaded with scratches EVERYWHERE, inside and on the back :mad:. Before putting on the case I noticed it was very poorly manufactured with sharp points randomly around the case :mad:. Like someone else put it, it looks like the case was halfway done and they took it off the manufacturing line and shipped them out :mad:. I finally put the case on my phone and I first noticed that it is poorly shaped :mad:. The phone does NOT lie flat when placed on a table :mad:. The bottom of the case is thicker than the top which causes the case to wobble back and forth a bit when placed flat on a table :mad:. Finally I noticed that NOT ONLY 5 minutes after I put the case on my phone there are already stress marks on the case near the dock connector :mad:. I will be emailing Desmay for a refund. This case is GARBAGE :mad:. This company is a scam :mad:. Very upset :mad:.

Finally, I posted on their facebook page "What is the best way about getting a refund?" and they deleted my post... SCAM

2. VesicpP macrumors newbie

This is so dumb. They said this weekend. I checked this morning, and nothing, then I checked now, and sold out. What, they only made 100 or something? So annoying.

3. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

They probably made like 1500 because my order number was right below #1500 and they went out of stock a few minutes after I ordered.

4. VesicpP macrumors newbie

interesting. oh well, i'm just going to go on amazon and find something in stock there via prime.

5. bobright macrumors 601

These are coming HK so you have to wait 2 weeks or so?

If you go on ebay searching 0.3 slim case or whatever pretty sure they are no different from these. 25 seems over priced for these.

6. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

According to their fb page they were all sold out in less than 1 hour. Weird, but they also said they will have more in stock soon.

7. bmwman3241 macrumors regular

Ordered a black and a clear. $20 for express shipping is quite steep.

8. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

You paid the $20 shipping or the $5 shipping? $20 should buy me overnight shipping not 3-6 days.

9. bmwman3241 macrumors regular

I paid $20 for 3-6 days. Hope it arrives quicker.

10. dyzfnctional macrumors regular

I am surprised they are sold out on all colors... did they only have 20 of each color?? Guess I'll have to be patient.

11. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

I got my order in and paid the $20 shipping for two cases. You guys do realize these guys are shipping from Hong Kong? That's why its 3-6 days.

----------

Also if I get mine next week, I'll drop some pictures up and my thoughts on the case.

12. ihonda macrumors 68000

if you check the other thread you will see im offering these for $15 shipped via paypal gift. no need to wait the super long desmay waiting time. i have a quicker turn around. offering clear and black

13. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

I did want this case.

But i'm not waiting around again to order it after waiting for it to become available.

Then on top of that, i'm not waiting forever for it to be shipped.

Sooo looks like they will be losing a customer. I'm sure they care :rolleyes:

14. rsxmachine macrumors 6502

I ordered at black one got lucky and went to the site right when they announced them

15. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Right there with you. Saw the thread on Monday, went "Hey cool, they say this weekend they'll release them!." I had planned on checking later tonight and again tomorrow, but on a hunch, checked at lunch time from work, only to be shot down. Really wanted this case, but after this, and with the long ship time and high price, I'll go elsewhere.

16. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

probably order one anyway. . . but for now

the Incipio feather is super. If you have ever paid for a Vaja case you have learned patience . . . Hope to get in on the next order cycle for the Desmay. But I personally have had good results with the Pinlo Slice too.

17. ihonda macrumors 68000

As my post stated I'm offering for couple bucks less and also faster turn around time.

18. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

But are they Desmay cases?

19. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I checked the Desmay thread while I was in class today just because I didn't feel like paying attention and was surprised to see they had gone on sale! I got lucky and snagged a black one before they sold out. I'm excited. I hope I like it, because I held off on getting the Incipio Feather right away so I could get this instead.

20. DetTigers macrumors regular

According to Desmay they have no stock and have not shipped to any "resellers" yet. With that, the fact that the pics are different, and the price is too good to be true, I'm thinking the answer is no.

21. ihonda macrumors 68000

i have ordered from desmay supplier, i am aware that the pictures look slightly different. i have inquired as to which is actually it because the desmay picture is not an actual photo but more a rendering. i do know these are not the same as the ebay listing due to the fact that these also come with the screen protector.

22. Elwesan, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

Elwesan macrumors newbie

Well the incipio feather is sweet as hell. Way exceeded my expectations. Was waiting for slight but it seems like they pulled a fast one to boost publicity or smth. Gd luck.

23. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

So basically they are a Chinese mockup of the Desmay slight.

24. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

They have a few of these cases on eBay for a few extra dollars.

25. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Just got the email saying it shipped about an hour ago. Purchased my black case at 11:50 AM (CDT) this morning.