Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
"@iPadAllTheWay no. Spoke to comex, it won't be this month. =/
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to iPadAllTheWay"-iH8sn0w

WHAAATT!?!?!??!

I've learned to only trust what comes from the source. It's not too say other people are 100% misinformed, but there have been too many times where people have tried to state facts that the dev team in return had to counter.

Don't worry about unless the dev team members tweet it.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
I've learned to only trust what comes from the source. It's not too say other people are 100% misinformed, but there have been too many times where people have tried to state facts that the dev team in return had to counter.

Don't worry about unless the dev team members tweet it.

dev team members don't even have a 100% accuracy rate - ie "He's still on vacation."

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
comex

The new jailbreaking exemption deserves a celebration. But there are still some blocking bugs... 10 minutes ago via web

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
dev team members don't even have a 100% accuracy rate - ie "He's still on vacation."
It was @p0sixninja, @ih8sn0w, @chpwn, and @veneece who all tweeted that.

If anything, @MuscleNerd said that was false ("moot", per say) in response to someone asking about it.

There was also @StealthBravo who, although is a good guy, tried to breathe some hope into last weekend.

You can imagine the condition his spine is in after people jumped on his back for that conclusion.

douflag

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
It was @p0sixninja, @ih8sn0w, @chpwn, and @veneece who all tweeted that.

If anything, @MuscleNerd said that was false ("moot", per say) in response to someone asking about it.

There was also @StealthBravo who, although is a good guy, tried to breathe some hope into last weekend.

You can imagine the condition his spine is in after people jumped on his back for that conclusion.

I think that just goes to show that if comex didn't say it's done and has released it, then no one should be believed, not even the other devs. Additionally, no one should make any claims as to a release date. Of course this is the internet, and that's never going to happen.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Thought I should post this in this thread also since it is active...

Here is MuscleNerd's response to the Twitter by iH8Sn0w about the jailbreak not coming this month.

Source: DevTeam blog.

Click thumbnail for larger image..

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-26 at 3.45.12 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-07-26 at 3.45.12 PM.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 89

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
I think that just goes to show that if comex didn't say it's done and has released it, then no one should be believed, not even the other devs. Additionally, no one should make any claims as to a release date. Of course this is the internet, and that's never going to happen.
The Dev-Team has twitter and people just need to accept it. Its the quickest way to get information across, and they're holding their own against the masses. I find it highly respectful that MuscleNerd takes the time to sort through them and answer people, most being actual technical questions about the unlock.

Plus, its there for pointless babble. The only thing that pitches my nerves is blog site misinformation (i.e. "iPhone 4 Jailbreak delayed"... how can something with no ETA or release date be delayed?) and people who misinterpret with @comex decides to make a random tweet. Its twitter, 60% there for pointless babble. If @comex feels his 35k followers should know he's in the mood for applesauce, I just dont get how peoples minds seem to convert it to:

Applesauce?
App1esauce?!
APP1ESAUCE MUST BE CODENAME 4 NEW JAILBREAK OMGBBQ!

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
"@iPadAllTheWay no. Spoke to comex, it won't be this month. =/
about 4 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to iPadAllTheWay"-iH8sn0w
If you look to who he was replying to, they were asking about the iPad JB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.