Did anyone choose the 5c over the 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone joe, Nov 12, 2013.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

2. Bluemustang macrumors newbie

Each kid needing a new iphone?
    Didn't want to have the run in with wifi greyed out on the 4S under iOS7?
    Didn't want to wait, want to walk out of store with the phones?
    Fancy the new colors?
    Don't feel the speed difference between the 2 models?
    Handing over the current top of the line iphone model to kids feels like a bad idea: something bad's gonna happen to the phone sooner or later.
    Can't stand the rattling sound made by the metallic buttons on the 5s?

3. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

i bought one for my grandma because she doesn't need the nifty new camera and dont' even touch the finger sensor. Why does she need a 5s?

Shes more then happy with the 5c. :D

4. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

I did.
    Just felt 5c was difference. I did end up ordering the 5s a month later lol . I still use 5c as my main phone. It seems to hold up better then 5s against wear and tear .

5. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

This is the only time it makes perfect sense; when age factors in. Either your too young or too old to appreciate the changes.

6. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

That's like buying a 4 cylinder Honda Accord with cloth seats and then buying a 6 cylinder Honda Accord with leather seats a month later. But you still want to drive the 4 cylinder because the cloth seats are more durable and colorful?

7. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Didn't even think about it. But I don't "hate" the 5c or anyone who buys one. There seems to be some kind of civil war between Apple fans over the 5s and 5c and I really don't understand why.

Love the Accord reference btw, I drive the 4 cyl with leather so a mix of the two stated above :p

8. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

In the iPhone world that just means that you put a case on your 5c.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

People who are tight on money would probably chose the 5c over 5s, but if money is not an issue there is no reason to pick the 5c.

10. cynics macrumors G3

I would if it was 50-100 dollars cheaper. I would buy one off contract, wouldn't even really think about it. But since it's not I would just get the 5S on contract.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

12. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Yes 5c for me.
    Last iPhone was the 4s kept it 4 months. Went to droid cycled through 3 phones (razor max,Htc one, galaxy 3)Now back with apple I'm glad they offered something different this time. I started to hate the metal feel of all apple products.

13. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

If money is tight then both phones would be off the list.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

$100 is still affordable to most people on a tight budget...double that, maybe not

I'm assuming most people buy iphones on contract.

15. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Negative. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan (Verizon). All phones I pay full price. Same with at least 4 of my friends who picked up the 5c over the 5s.

16. cynics macrumors G3

Then if money wasn't an issue why did you and 4 of your friends get the 5C and not the 5S?

17. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

My friends share same views regarding the casing of the iPhone "got old". Two friends long time apple uses others first time apple users. We all seem happy with our choices. And no 5s envy at all. Well just wait for the 6. Personally I get a lot of looks from 5/s users. Asking how I like the phone. Or how the casing is holding up.

18. neilmacd macrumors 6502

Personal preference towards the 5c is plenty reason enough. I don't get the level of snobbishness on this forum towards the 5c. Why does it come down to how much it costs/what it's made of?

19. cynics macrumors G3

I don't think it's that (at least IMO) but if money was no option wouldn't the latest, greatest, most features, etc etc option be the choice?

Sure if you WANT plastic or a different color then the 5C would be a the best option. Everyone I see has them in a case though, making its price be the only reason (covered there is no personal benefit too it) to buy it.

20. Lammercy macrumors regular

I did originally on launch day because I wanted something different and the C stood out for me. But I have since picked up a Space Grey 5S and I love it!

21. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

It comes down to removing the 5 and charging the same for the 5c.

Not offering black to force a 5s on people.

22. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

I was so very close to getting a green 5c. I really like the look and feel of them, iphones could use some more color.

Ended up with a gold 5s though.

23. neilmacd macrumors 6502

Not necessarily. I've witnessed people in an Apple Store choose a 5c over a 5s. I even overheard one person buying one say they preferred it. Not everyone cares about the latest, greatest.

If both phones were available at the same price, I'd wager there would still be a lot of people buying the 5c. It's not about WANTING plastic, maybe they just prefer the look of it?

As for those who buy one then throw a case on it, yeah I'd imagine a lot of them got the cheaper phone and are maybe hiding the fact it's a 5c (though I personally don't see why they should feel the need to do that). Others are probably using a case for the same reason most other people do - to protect it.