Did you get your 200$ Apple Credit email yet? I didn't

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I spoke to AT&T yesterday and I was told that under the new terms I would qualify for the 199/299 pricing, even though I already ordered my phone and it will be here today for 499.99.

The best I have gotten out of Apple is they just haven't done all of the credits yet, which I understand, I just want to make sure they aren't giving me a line of BS.

Anyone else here due a credit, having upgraded to a 3G back in July and meeting whatever funky terms AT&T has to be eligible for the new pricing?

I'd really like my 200.00 back and am not sure how to get Apple to look into this for me, I'll wait if that's what I need to do, but I don't like relying on AT&T or Apple to be honest.

2. steve772 macrumors newbie

Still No Credit

I called AT&T who said I qualified for the refund amount. I have not received any emails from Apple regarding the credit and when I called them they had little to no information.

Anyone else in the same boat?

3. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I received an email but no credit. I paid with two cards, so I'm wondering which it's going back to. Here's what part of the email said:

4. steve772 macrumors newbie

When did you place your order originally? I wonder if they are being processed in order received?

5. Unfair macrumors member

Certainly not order received.
    I've gotten no email and no credit.
    I ordered the 8th.

I'm right now being patient. Figure Apple is just busy, or AT&T is just slow...
    Either way, I'll just behave and wait it out.

But, if no word comes before the end of the week, I'll just toss a dispute on the credit card and get it sorted that way.

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

they couldnt just cancel the order, then reorder??

7. steve772 macrumors newbie

Not a bad idea!!

8. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

2nd!!

9. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

You can do that?

Dispute for a certain dollar amount???

I feel a little better because a VERY kind rep sent me a free pair of Apple In Ear headphones for my wait (on hold numerous times only to get the wrong department or no information) and for an episode I had with one rep.

It was unreal, this lady spoke over me when she didn't know what I was talking about regarding the credit and kept telling me to call AT&T for my refund(idiot), literally just stopped listening to me and transferred me to phone space. I was like "ma'am wait." and she just kept talking right over me because she didn't want to deal with my question. It was almost shocking when it happened, like I couldn't believe this bitch is blatantly talking over me so she doesn't have to deal with my issue and then BOOM, transfer.

Funk that noise. I called and complained, and got these nice headphones overnight. :) These are just what I needed actually, they stay in my ears while I work out and I can still take calls and control my music.

I still want my 200.00 bucks though. AT&T told me I should get it, Apple told me I should get it, a supervisor put notes on my damn account that I should get it....buuuut I still ain't got it.

10. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

I am on this same boat! It is horrible. AT&T and Apple just pass me around till I can't stand it anymore. I still don't have the emails for the two phones I bought... Very lame. If anyone finds a way to get this done PLEASE post up.

11. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I imagine it's a cluster F currently in the billing department and it's just going to take a while. I will be A-M-A-Z-E-D if they manage to get all of this correct considering they are relying on AT&T.

I don't know if you have dealt with many AT&T reps but that can also be an exercise in frustration.

This whoooole situation could have been avoided if AT&T actually prepared for this launch and weren't greedy bastards out of the gate, then they change it after people have already bought it? Great.

Quite frankly you really have to kind of bitch your way to a supervisor in order to get anything accomplished, and even then you won't get your credit any faster.

Sit back and wait, seriously....

12. kcgunner macrumors member

I signed a new contract the first day the 3g was released last year so I'm 11 months into my contract. I spent over 100 each month on my bill too. So I'm thinking I might get the reduced price too. So I went to the At&t store and they said they didn't know and referred me to their apple liesion, who hasn't called me back yet. So I called apple who said he didn't' know either and said that more than 30000 people qualified for this credit and they had a special unit reviewing each persons order. He could not tell me if I was one of then or when I would know, but said they are working on it. I"ll be surprised if I get it. He said to check your order status to see if you were issued the credit.

13. Unfair macrumors member

Your milage my vary, but my plan is this.
    I have a copy of the AT&T Press Release, along with my eligibility proof from AT&T. When this whole mess started, I went to my AT&T store and asked the guy there to look up my account, and tell me if I'm eligible. He said yes! Gave me a print out. Go to your local AT&T store, hope they're friendly and explain the situation, maybe they can print off something for you as a proof of account age / eligibility.

Then, since I used a bank debit card to make the order, my intention is take my Apple receipt, AT&T Press Release, and AT&T Account Print off. Explain, write a statement why I'm disputing the charge and hope it goes through.

Once again, this is a last resort option. I'm going to wait it out and hope Apple + AT&T get it sorted so this goes properly. But if not, I'm not going to wait so long that they can tell me "we can't help you too much time has passed" ... I just have this sinking feeling that AT&T will end up magically "losing" information in this fuster cluck, and I don't want to be on the wrong end of the deal.

*edit*
    Talking with the wife who works at the bank I'd be disputing at.
    She mentioned it would be handled like an "Over Charge". So of course you're not disputing the whole purchase, but rather Apple just over charged you. So, for example, my debit card is a handled through Visa, it would be no different than just disputing an error on your billing statement. They'll award a provisional credit and investigate your claim. Seem like it would work out if you provided enough explanation as to the situation.

14. Unfair macrumors member

Just to keep this going.
    Anybody have anything new to report.
    I've still not heard from Apple.

15. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

I have a contact to call directly now, I haven't heard anything. I may give him a call tomorrow.

16. Unfair macrumors member

Do let us know how it goes. I'm sure there's more than just a few of us with this issue. I'm surprised there isn't more chatter on about it. Then again, I may not be looking in the right places either :)

17. oxdtown macrumors member

is what i got today so hopefully urs will come soon

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are they going to give you guys a $200 refund or $200 store credit at the Apple store?

19. Unfair macrumors member

If they're instructing you to go to your credit card company... Good chance a $200 refund :)

20. steve772 macrumors newbie

Still no word for me yet...very frustrating!!!!!

21. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Just to clarify for everyone, I have worked a handful of banks over the past 4-5 years and bank’s have a 30 day window in which to resolve disputes that you all file. One bank in particular, Bank of America, I know will NOT refund the difference unless the charge was done in error or is fraudulent. Of course, the problem people will run into is that even though AT&T/Apple is saying they are going to refund back the $200, the original charge is still legitimate because at the time of sale that’s how much the iPhones were. Furthermore, there’s no regulation of how long a company has to give you money back since they didn’t guarantee, at the time of sale, a timeframe.

As with everything, your mileage will vary depending on who you talk to but I know for the biggest banks the chances of you being able to file a dispute is minimal and even if you do, because of the 30 day claims resolution timeframe, chances are you already will have the actual refund from AT&T/Apple – which also can get you into trouble with your bank for filing what they consider “frivolous” disputes. ;)

22. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

I still haven't gotten mine, and I really need it now...Hurry up Apple please!

23. dave006 Contributor

dave006

If you qualify for the $200 credit you will receive based on where you purchased and you will receive the credit using the same form of payment you used for purchased, Credit Card or Debity Cart. The only exception is that you will not receive a "Cash" refund, it will be in the form of a check.

If you're one of the customers who benefits from this change, and you've already preordered from an AT&T store, we'll adjust the price of the device when you pick it up. If you benefit from the change and you pre-ordered from AT&T online, we'll send you an e-mail and issue you a credit.

If you pre-ordered an iPhone 3GS through Apple's online store, your upgrade eligibility will be reassessed based on AT&T's new upgrade policy for iPhone 3G owners. If you are eligible for the lower price, Apple will issue you a credit for the difference as applicable.​

Dave

24. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

I called AT&T about it, to just verify that I'm 100% eligible, and they said yes I was, and I would be able to call Apple about it and get the refund right away, and she was looking at an e-mail about it. So I call Apple, and Apple says "you'll get it when you get it". Nice Apple.